Senior Technical Writer, Marketing
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents an intermix between passion for leadership and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Located in the 500 West 2nd Street tower, our brand-new Austin office is best-in-class! Be inspired with panoramic downtown & Lady Bird Lake views, where snacks are plentiful and team outings are common. Our offices are sprinkled around the globe, too, with offices in Santa Barbara, Boston, New York City, London, Singapore, and Chengdu, China.
What You'll Do:
Good content is paramount at LogicMonitor, the leading cloud-based hybrid infrastructure performance monitoring platform for Enterprise and Managed Service Providers (MSPs). The Senior Technical Writer creates in-depth content about infrastructure and application performance monitoring for a highly technical audience of software developers, ops engineers, network and system administrators. This positions works collaboratively with product management and marketing, sales engineering and technology alliance partners to create sales enablement assets to support our products and services and when you need an expert opinion.
Using LogicMonitor, ITOps teams benefit from a unified view of infrastructure across public clouds, data centers and on-premises to avoid outages and and shrink the time needed to resolve issues to minutes (from hours or days). Because LogicMonitor is agentless, automated and cloud-based, users can successfully deploy monitoring 3-4x faster than competitors' offerings. The combination of thousands of pre-built technology integrations covering the entire IT technology stack and the ability to extend monitoring to new data sources means that the LogicMonitor platform allows customers to monitor virtually anything, anywhere.
There are many reasons LogicMonitor was named one of the 2018 top 25 best small/mid-sized companies to work for by Glassdoor, and one of them is location. LogicMonitor has US offices in New York City, Austin, Boston and Santa Barbara. Are you looking to combine your writing skills with your love of learning new technologies? Are you as comfortable on the command line as you are writing clear and effective prose? If so, we'd love to talk to you.
- Pitch, research, and write articles that are authoritative, practical, and clear, such as:
- Deep dives on modern technologies
- In-depth monitoring guides and tutorials - 'how to' blogs and videos
- Customer case studies
- Develop strategy and abstract for technical tracks at LogicMonitor user group events and meetings (including hands-on lab)
- Maintain a calendar for and develop the content to deliver a technically-focused webinar once a month in support of product launches and themes relevant to user base (includes collaborating with technology alliance partners in cloud, automation, orchestration, et al.)
- Continually measure reader engagement with content, and iterate to improve content definition, craft, and distribution
- Collaboratively ensure a consistent look, style, voice, tone, message, and brand across all product and services content
- Edit for consistency, clarity, brevity, accuracy, and readability—across digital and print media
- Provide accurate and timely project reporting on all your content marketing activities
- Recognize opportunities for process improvement and implement them.
What You'll Need:
- BA or BS required (Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or Marketing a plus)
- 5+ years technical writing experience
- You are a polished writer, with samples of your work to share
- Comfortable researching new technologies, learning how to use them, and reducing their complex workings to clear prose.
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and startup environments
- Proficiency with common desktop apps important (including Keynote, Google Suite and Microsoft Office suite)
- Familiar with the IT industry, IT products, and personas such as IT Director, Sysadmin, devops engineer, network engineer, etc
- Familiar with concepts and methods of monitoring such as SNMP, API, CLI, WMI, etc
- Proficiency on Windows and Linux operating systems using the command-line
- A good understanding of programming concepts, preferably Java/Groovy or PowerShell
- Experience with creating documentation in an Agile development environment