Senior Technical Writer, Professional Service Training
Professional Services Technical Writer
Utilizing your analytical and writing skills, you will be responsible for:
- Extracting technical knowledge from subject matter experts and converting to technical-user and end-user consumable content, online articles, videos etc.
- Investigating product functionality through testing and experimentation to understand and document new product features / enhancements.
- Publishing and curating whitepapers and online collaboration content created by you, other technical writers, and/or training and professional services personnel.
- Working with the project managers on scope, sizing, and status of tasks to ensure timely delivery of all documentation products.
- Scheduling and hosting online webinars for technical topics delivered by services team.
- Responding to reader questions regarding published content, updating content as necessary.
- Assisting eLearning students with questions from training materials, working with trainers to resolve and developing knowledge base from lessons learned.
- Collaborating with other technical writers and cross-functional team members within the business to identify and resolve content gaps.
- Excellent English-language communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to grasp and assimilate complex technical concepts and translate into clear and easy-to-understand documentation and manuals
- Ability to work in a team or with multiple organizational departments in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, with preference given to candidates with experience in start-up or emerging companies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and HTML, knowledge of PowerPoint is a plus
- Video tutorial creation (Camtasia/Storyline), and/or proficiency developing illustrations a plus
- Familiarity with (or a working knowledge of) at least one programming language such as Java or Python
- Two to four years of experience planning and writing technical documentation, with a preference given to candidates with experience in software documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Computer Science, or other technical discipline, or 3 additional years of equivalent work experience
SailPoint is empowering some of the world’s largest organizations to mitigate risk, reduce IT costs and demonstrate compliance efforts – all while meeting the highest standards of corporate governance. SailPoint IdentityIQ is a business-oriented identity governance solution that delivers risk-aware compliance management, integrated user lifecycle management, adaptive role management, access request management and identity intelligence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.