Senior Technical Writer, R&D at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Right now, we are working from home temporarily due to Covid. Normally, our Austin team works downtown in the San Jacinto Center. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
Good content is paramount at LogicMonitor, the leading cloud-based hybrid infrastructure performance monitoring platform for Enterprise and Managed Service Providers (MSPs). The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating in-depth technical documents, release notes, and manuals, and explaining complex information about infrastructure and application performance monitoring in a clear and concise manner for a highly technical audience that includes software developers, operations engineers, and network and system administrators) The Technical Writer will work collaboratively with Product Management, UX, and Engineering to ensure accuracy of product feature/function descriptions and details.
There are many reasons LogicMonitor was named one of the 2018 top 25 best small/mid-sized companies to work for by Glassdoor, and one of them is location. LogicMonitor has US offices in New York City, Austin, Boston and Santa Barbara. Are you looking to combine your writing skills with your love of learning new technologies? Are you as comfortable with exploring the technical capabilities of a SaaS platform as you are writing clear and effective prose? If so, we'd love to talk to you.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Understand LogicMonitor's strategy for content management
- Participate in the release process as a part of the cross functional team
- Research and write technical documentation to explain new functionality use cases, enablement and feature function details
- Research and write release notes for new platform versions, which are pushed to customers in three-week sprint cycles
- Continually measure reader engagement with content, and iterate to improve content definition, craft, and distribution
- Collaboratively ensure a consistent look, style, voice, tone, message, and brand across all product content
- Edit documentation for consistency, clarity, brevity, accuracy, and readability—across digital and print media
- Provide accurate and timely project reporting on all content activities
- Recognize opportunities for process improvement and implement them
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5+ years technical writing experience, preferably in enterprise IT space
- Polished writer, with samples of your work to share
- Experience creating documentation in an Agile development environment
- Organized and detail-oriented to effectively manage projects and programs that require contributions and feedback from other functional groups
- Comfortable researching new technologies, learning how to use them, and reducing their complex workings to clear prose
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.