Senior Technical Writer - SaaS at SailPoint
Senior Technical Writer for SaaS Platform and Product Portfolio
We’re looking for a self-starting, detail-oriented, experienced Technical Writer to join our SaaS documentation team and help us on our mission to provide our users the information they need to be successful – in real time.
To accomplish this, we create documentation to support IT administrators, system integrators, and business users as they navigate our products to accomplish the tasks they need to do, whether that involves initial setup, ongoing system configuration, or managing access to cloud resources. We also contribute to the overall usability of customer workflows by performing initial testing and ensuring in-app messages and labels are clear and succinct.
In the process of creating content for our SaaS identity management customers, you’ll work with members of several other teams: Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI design, Professional Services, and Support. You’ll need to demonstrate initiative and be willing to dig for answers while cultivating these important relationships.
- Work closely with Product Managers on scope and priority of tasks to ensure timely delivery
- Collaborate with Engineers to ensure an accurate understanding of how the product works
- Produce high-quality documentation while working in a continuous deployment environment
- Solicit stakeholder reviews and perform peer reviews of content produced by others
- Verify accuracy of documentation prior to publishing, and maintain it as needed
- 5+ years of professional writing experience, backed by a degree in English or a related field
- Experience writing content for non-technical & technical audiences, such as IT administrators
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proven ability to research unfamiliar subject matter and experiment with early prototypes
- Ability to work in a dynamic, continuous delivery deployment environment
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Professional experience writing for a SaaS platform or product
- Experience following Agile methodologies & using issue tracking tools
- Comfort using Markdown or HTML for online delivery
- Familiarity with content strategy and information architecture
- Strong preference given to candidates with experience guiding users through the process of integrating systems using config files, REST APIs, and mapping attributes
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.