Senior UX Writer
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
We are CrowdStrike, a fast-growing security company that protects our wide range of customers from cybersecurity attacks. We’re investing in ongoing development of a world-class user experience to help fight against some of the most sophisticated attacks in the world.
As our UX Writer, you partner closely with the UX team to author clear, concise, conversational text that helps customers do their jobs well. You’ll set the example for best practices in UX writing amongst your peers.
You’ll be joining a cross-functional, global UX team composed of designers, researchers, writers & UI engineers collaborating closely to deliver the best possible experience for our customers.
- Write thoughtful, helpful UX microcopy: headings, labels, calls to actions, errors.
- Define the problem space, discover what the customer needs to know, and help customers complete tasks, based on research, interviews with subject matter experts, and using the product.
- Partner closely with designers, researchers, writers, and engineers.
- Explore and test content by partnering with UX research and QA.
- Own and drive projects independently, while sharing your work frequently in critiques.
- Work from and contribute to style guide. Participate in developing and refining our voice and tone.
- Advocate for the customer in all aspects of your job.
- Work at both a detailed level and a strategic level.
- Work with remote teams.
What You'll Need
- Exceptional at exploring a customer’s problem space end to end, and choosing words that set them up for success.
- Exceptional audience analysis, written and verbal communication, and problem solving.
- Played a major role in writing UI text for complex flows, particularly ones that help people do their job.
- Passion for finding the exact words or recommending interactions where words aren’t needed.
- Strong grasp of user experience fundamentals.
- Portfolio of writing samples
- Knowledge of and experience with technical audiences, cybersecurity, and startups strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to make complex technical subjects easy to comprehend.
- Passionate about seizing opportunities for improvement at every turn.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.