Senior Video Editor at Real Chemistry
It's not every day we have a chance to make the world a healthier place—but here, it’s our way of life. Idealistic? Maybe. Deeply pragmatic? Always. Real Chemistry is a global health innovation company that has carved out its space at the intersection between healthcare, marketing and communications, tech, and the people at the heart of it all. It’s with a great sense of purpose that we work together with brave health and wellness companies to create and inspire healthier, happier, and longer lives. It’s our passion. And if you’re still reading, we’re guessing it might be yours too. We are looking to add to our alchemic mix of more than 2,000 talented professionals. At Real Chemistry, we don’t just wish the world was healthier. We leverage tech, data and creativity to make it so. You in?
Real Chemistry is seeking to add a Senior Video Editor to our in-house video production team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Editing of video projects from ingestion of raw footage to final deliverables, while collaborating with creative and account teams throughout the process
• Projects will include both internal marketing videos, and client external/internal videos
The Ideal Candidate:
• is a natural storyteller, bringing a high level of technical and editing technique knowledge;
• has experience in editing short-form content, including documentary, corporate, scripted/narrative/commercial, sizzle/highlight reels and case studies;
• has experience editing content from both zoom recordings and professionally-shot footage;
• has an eye for detail and proven ability to independently manage tasks in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic environment;
• is flexible and a self-starter with the ability to adjust to quickly shifting schedules and deadlines;
• has effective interpersonal skills, a sense of humor and the ability for ego-free collaboration with different levels of management and creative teams;
• has excellent verbal, written and organizational skills;
• has the ability to navigate, manage and address enterprise level corporate feedback;
• able to work as part of a team across multiple time zones;
• able to adapt to established, team-based editing project organization and workflows
Qualifications and Skills:
• Must have a minimum BA or BFA degree in a creative production discipline;
• Must have a minimum of 7 years of professional editorial experience;
• Expert in Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder;
• Advanced level experience in general audio cleanup and mixing in Premiere;
• Advanced level knowledge of Photoshop and After Effects;
• Advanced level knowledge of color grading practices is required (Lumetri/Colorista) with strong preference for Resolve proficiency
• Applicant may be located anywhere in the U.S.
• Option to WFH or from one of our office locations
• Short cover letter and resume
• Editing reel
• Three to five completed work samples, including but not limited to short-form documentary, corporate video, scripted commercial, sizzle reel, etc.
Real Chemistry is currently operating with a flexible, hybrid approach and giving our teams the ability to operate in the way that works best for them – at home, in office or a mix. * We trust our people to decide what works best for them, working together with their teams and leaders to support our customers and make the world a healthier place. This policy will continue to be evaluated and may change in the future as we seek to ensure our people stay inspired, engaged, and motivated to do their best work.
*All employees who work in a Real Chemistry office, travel for business, or attend a Real Chemistry sponsored event must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees who qualify for a religious or medical exemption to receiving a COVID-19 vaccine are advised to work with our People team for accommodation.
Real Chemistry offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents including Your 4th Trimester ® , a program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: https://www.realchemistry.com/
Real Chemistry is committed to being an Equal Opportunity employer. As such, we seek motivated and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, ethnic or national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Real Chemistry operates. We strive to employ, motivate, advance and reasonably accommodate any qualified employees and applicants. We believe diversity of persons and ideas forms the most comprehensive, forward-looking company.