Senior Video Manager at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
As the Senior Video Manager within the Marketing team, you will be responsible for setting video production standards, capturing, editing, and producing photos and videos for use internally and externally. You will be part of the Brand Design team, and partner across the company to create video content that showcases Cloudflare’s offerings. This position will work directly with Brand Customer Advocacy, Content and Creative teams to initiate and collaborate on high-level video content strategy, review and create high-level video content, and serve as the creative reviewer for marketing videos. Additionally you will collaborate with agency partners on all major video campaigns. You will work closely with the Design leads on the team to ensure Cloudflare’s video production standards are being interpreted appropriately across all touchpoints.
What we’re looking for
You are a skilled conceptual thinker and storyteller with a knack for distilling the complex, thinking holistically, and leading through influence, mentorship, and enablement. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to create compelling stories, and you’re not afraid to dig into the details to help drive a complex project through to completion, while maintaining constant communication with project stakeholders.
- Set Cloudflare’s video production standards for internal and external video producers.
- Drive the strategy for evolving Cloudflare’s visual identity as it pertains to video content.
- Work with the creative operations manager to grow and maintain our video asset library that can be scaled globally.
- Serve as a strategic video partner to internal partners and executive leadership.
- Help produce and creative direct external video agencies, keeping large-scale video projects on track.
- Partner with the Customer Advocacy, Content, UX, Product, and Engineering teams to develop and maintain an authentic, consistent experience across all channels, for both developer and enterprise audiences.
- Drive awareness of video content trends, standards and processes, through a culture of open collaboration, accessibility, and knowledge sharing.
We’re excited about you because you have
- 8–10 years experience producing video content for an agency or in-house marketing team.
- 2–3 years of experience managing video production and creative agencies.
- Strong video reel demonstrating a range of work across different mediums; emphasis on work that demonstrates your ability to produce, film, and edit best in class video content.
- Experience managing asset libraries (DAM), Vendor accounts (stock video/ imagery), project budgets etc.
- Overseeing all technical aspects of video recording and editing.
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects.
- Lead and encourage a Brand Design team of hardworking in-house and contract creatives, by providing high quality, actionable feedback.
- Motion graphics experience
- Knowledge of video for web
- Experience presenting to executive level leadership
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.