At Modernize (a QuinStreet vertical) our mission is to simplify home improvement by inspiring motivated homeowners and connecting them with qualified contractors. Our foundation is based on 10 years as a driving force as Home Improvement Leads in online lead generation – connecting homeowners with high–quality contractors – in the $300 billion annually grossing home improvement market. We’re working hard on a new brand and new products to cater to homeowners and the most successful contractors in the industry.
We’re looking for sharp, motivated individuals to join our growing team. Teammates who enjoy using technology to solve problems will thrive in our dynamic startup environment. We have an open floor plan that encourages the entire team to participate in critical discussions and allows everyone to be a vital contributing factor. You’ll enjoy our hip, newly renovated office in the heart of downtown with a view of the capital and the downtown skyline.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: As a company, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and will continue to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
QuinStreet is looking for a experienced Site Editor to join the Editorial Division in a full-time role for the Modernize Home Services brand. In this position, the associate will perform key editorial functions, including ideating new content topics, creating detailed writer assignments, editing, copywriting, conducting SEO, helping maintain social network profiles and administrative functions.
Our Editorial team is responsible for providing a variety of content types for a large number of websites. In this role, you will produce short pieces (100 to 400 words), articles and guides (500 to 5,000 words), feature articles, and interactive content. This person must have clear communication and keen organization skills and high attention to detail are required for coordinating writers, websites, and content assignments as well as maintaining strict compliance standards.
- Editing a high volume of content for the Web, ensuring each piece is ready for publication
- Writing content for the site, partner sites or social media, as needed
- Copywriting, as needed
- Proofreading and fact-checking
- Creating content requests, in collaboration with the site producer and other stakeholders
- Giving feedback to freelance writers
- The position breaks down approximately to 60% editing and copyediting, 20% writing, 10% copywriting, 5% social media efforts and 5% administrative work.
- The right candidate will be comfortable brainstorming, participating in the creative process, and joining in team discussions.
- Flexibility to attend occasional meetings/calls in the early morning and or evening
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in English, Communications, Marketing, or Journalism
- 2-5 years of work experience, preferably in online content publishing, editing and copywriting
- Experience in writing or editing in the credit card or personal finance space is a plus
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize a large number of concurrent projects
- Above-average editing and writing skills (knowledge of AP Style a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Access) and Internet searches
- Familiarity with spreadsheet manipulation and filtering (must be comfortable with Excel)
- Has experience working on a CMS / CPS
- Moderate level of comfort working with basic HTML
- Understands the need and general process for long-term content planning
- Demonstrated communication abilities
- Able to learn quickly new concepts/software
- Understands the basic concepts of SEO for content publishing
- Knows what content marketing is and has at least 1 social media account
Modernize (a QuinStreet division) is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.