The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Corporate Communications team sustains MongoDB’s brand, reputation and influence across the world. We are looking for a Social Media Manager to work across the organization to help build our brand externally through our social media channels and further develop our online community. You will report directly to the Sr. Social Media Manager to help shape the company’s social media strategy and support the implementation of global campaigns. We’re looking for someone who is driven by creativity, can work swiftly in our space, and is highly collaborative.What you’ll do
- Assist in development, maintenance, and execution of the global social media calendar
- Cover live events and develop original social-first content, aligned with our brand identity and following social voice guidelines
- Work with the Social Media Team to implement updates in social media strategy based on changes in audience behavior, algorithm updates, and business goals
- Work with Developer Relations to support technically-focused community building initiatives
- Assist with tracking social metrics and reporting, monitor industry trends and emerging themes
- Inform strategic vision for social media strategy (content, channel, engagement)
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders including: Developer Relations, Product Marketing, University, Docs, and Design teams
- Translate insights into ideas to more effectively engage our developer community
- Someone with a love for technology and a passion for learning new things
- 5-7 years of experience in social media, communications, or content marketing working in SaaS or Tech B2B
- Ability to concept and create best in class and engaging social content in real-time
- In-depth knowledge of and passion for social media, digital, and new media technologies
- Deep understanding of current and emerging platforms and ability to engage with known and new audiences
- Excellent short form copywriting, editing, and verbal communication skills, with extreme attention to detail
- Knowledge of how to market to and write for developers
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, able to champion ideas, build trust, adhere to deadlines, and flexibility to pivot when needed
- Quick learner with experience in social publishing, listening, and reporting tools (Sprout Social, Sprinklr, Digimind, Later.com, etc.)
- Both creative and strategic thinker, able to identify opportunities for growth and solutions to achieve goals
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.