Sr Technical Writer
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As a Technical Writer, you will document the use of our products and APIs, from the evaluation stage to released production versions. You will develop and write online help for Ping Identity's suite of identity security software and services, collaborating with a team of product managers, developers, and testers to deliver technical documentation as part of an agile software development process.
- Plan and write clear, concise user documentation, administrator guides, and online help.
- Edit technical documentation applying a consistent format and style.
- Maintain the accuracy and consistency of a growing body of existing documentation.
- Gather research through use cases, requirements, specifications, code reviews, source code, developers, testers, and your hands-on use of the products.
- Provide feedback to product managers and developers on end-user usability.
- 3 years experience writing for a technology company (or MS degree in Technical Communication).
- Excellent writing, editorial, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex technical topics clearly and accurately.
- Ability to self-motivate, with a drive for continuous learning.
- Ability to understand new technology concepts quickly and to apply them accurately in an evolving dynamic environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience meeting multiple, tight deadlines.
- Experience in technical writing for a software developer audience.
- Experience in technical writing for cloud-based applications
- Experience working within a software development team.
- Experience with HTML, XML and markdown documentation delivery.
- Familiarity with GitHub and source control systems such as Git and Subversion
- Illustration and diagramming skills (Visio, OmniGraffle, Sketch, or similar tools)
- Bachelor's Degree in Degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or related field