Sr. Technical Writer
What's Cool About This Job?
This is a new role within our Sales Engineering team. We have a strong customer service and architecture background. Being the first Technical Writer on our team will provide you an ambitious opportunity to help us build new muscle around content, process and community related to WordPress. Come demonstrate your in-depth expertise as we continue to significantly expand our client base!
Day to Day
- Work with technical Sales Engineers to answer RFPs, RFIs and Security Questionnaires on behalf of prospects and customers.
- Organize and help standardize technical content across Sales, Marketing and Customer Experience collateral and tools.
- Work with the Sales Engineering leader to select the appropriate medium for technical message trainings, defined audience, and help to progress department initiatives.
- Participate with other technical teams to publish blog posts, whitepapers, and other articles related to industry trends.
- Creativity: You are empowered to think about, document, and update procedures, processes and product information. You will be able to help our prospects/customers understand our technical value proposition and how our platform helps solve their business challenges through effective documentation.
Your Expertise and Passion
- BA/BS Recommended in Journalism, English, or Communications.
- 6+ years of Technical Writing experience required. Ability to understand complex information and communicate the information to people with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong ability to work with a multitude of different departments, people and personalities.
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with specific documentation tools (Google Suite, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lucidchart, Adobe, etc.) used in the department.
- Excellent writing, editing and communicating skills.
The Perks and Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.