Technical Content Writer at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a skilled Technical Content Writer to join our growing team. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion dollar company in a trillion dollar industry by crafting impactful, original content that fuels the customer journey.
The Technical Content Writer will report to the Director, Product Marketing and will work closely with the Content Marketing and Developer Relations teams to conduct research, write and edit technical content crafted to drive awareness, engagement and product adoption for BigCommerce’s headless platform capabilities and other features which appeal to technical ecommerce decision-makers and developers. This person has a strong technical writing portfolio and be skilled at distilling complicated concepts into understandable and digestible content.You Have:
- 2+ years experience writing credible, professional and original technical marketing content.
- A robust writing portfolio with a focus on technical content, including content geared toward a technical or developer audience.
- Undergraduate degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Computer Science.
- Thorough understanding of headless ecommerce software and/or enterprise ecommerce SaaS (software-as-a-service). Previous coding and/or developer experience is a plus.
- A detailed understanding of content’s role in the customer journey.
- The capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver projects to meet deadlines.
- Partner with Product Marketing, Content Marketing and Developer Relations teams to understand the technical/developer audience needs and problems to translate into compelling, original content.
- Research, write and edit content for BigCommerce’s technical/developer audience, including blog posts, articles, guides, whitepapers, case studies and more.
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present sophisticated concepts and technical information to the target audience.
- Collaborate with the Demand Generation team to identify content opportunities for use across multiple content types and platforms in support of Mid-Market and Enterprise campaigns.
- Understand content performance critical metrics and continue to refine the content based on performance metrics.
- Uphold the integrity of BigCommerce content by ensuring content is consistent with the brand voice and style, as well as optimized for search and user experience.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are important both working with people internally and externally. You have the skill to distill sophisticated concepts into easily understood content.
- Technically Proficient - You are very comfortable with pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and are comfortable collaborating with product-focused teams.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively tackle sophisticated problems.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for solving real customer needs with technology and talking to them directly as well as through empathetic marketing messaging
- Collaborative - You have proven success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to perform consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, upbeat, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working optimally, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.