Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
The Job: This position is ideal for an enthusiastic, energetic individual who enjoys engaging with clients virtually (online), face-to-face, and through social media. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to learn Blackbaud software, training technology and delivery. Your training assignments will allow you to interact with a diverse group of nonprofit organizations while positively impacting their mission.
The Location: The primary location for this position is Austin, TX or Charleston, SC; however, we may consider alternative locations.
Who We Are Looking For: Do you enjoy explaining complex topics? Are you always taking the lead to help others? At Blackbaud University, we’ve found that our most successful instructors have a true passion for teaching, so if you can answer yes to both of these questions, you might have what it takes. In addition to being engaging facilitators – our instructors are also extremely tech savvy and eager to understand the WHY.
- You should possess strong written and verbal communications skills and you should be comfortable speaking in public.
- You should have a minimum of 2 years of enterprise level software development or architecture experience, SQL Server (T-SQL), Visual Studio, .NET programming and knowledge of XML.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred, and we’ll be excited if you have experience in small to mid-size adult group facilitation, knowledge of one or more Blackbaud products, and experience educating adults on technology solutions, both online and in person.
What You’ll Be Doing: You’ll play a key role in our organization’s success by delivering training and nonprofit best practices to Blackbaud software users. Upon successful completion of in-depth training focused on a specific Blackbaud product, you’ll begin teaching and helping clients as a Blackbaud Software Instructor. This position affords the versatility to teach in-person at locations across the U.S. and Canada, as well as online using Blackbaud’s proven distance learning technology. We work in a supportive, collaborative atmosphere and are focused on the success of our clients.
Our Purpose: At Blackbaud, we believe the world would be a better place if good took over and if everyone on a mission to do good had the power to do even more. That’s why we come to work every day -- to equip and connect the world’s philanthropic community so good can take over. On the Educational Services team, we are committed to supporting the success of our clients’ missions, providing world-class training -- with heart and excellence.
Our People: We are Heart + Smart. We have employees who are passionate about doing good and helping others with their philanthropic missions. We believe we do our best work when we are having fun. And while we are working to enable the success of our nonprofit customers, we are enabling the success of our people. We are committed to developing the careers of our employees through learning, professional development, and a predefined career progression path for the Software Instructor role.
Take the First Step: Don't let this opportunity pass you by! We’re looking for candidates with a variety of experience and background. If you’re excited about the role and have the skill set to match, please:
- Submit an application AND
- Complete a recorded video interview at this link - https://blackbaud.hirevue.com/signup/6DYz4UKdVibKs7htDdGXpb/. This is not a live interview, but it gives you the chance to see some of our team and let us learn more about you!
We review all submissions and can’t wait to see if you could be Blackbaud’s next Instructor!
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.