The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Technical Services Knowledge Engineer is a new role in EMEA, and their role is to help curate and share collective product insight with MongoDB team members and customers.
Our Technical Services team use their exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to advise customers and to solve their complex MongoDB problems. The Knowledge Engineer will work closely with this team in order to create content which can be referenced internally or by our many customers.
- Develop, maintain, and continually improve MongoDB content for internal and external reference including technical articles, training material, and code samples
- Review technical content for accuracy, clarity, and presentation
- Foster Technical Services team contribution to the creation and review of technical content
- Identify gaps in MongoDB documentation and tutorials that can be addressed by new technical articles or documentation improvements
- Report on topics of interest and support case deflection to technical articles based on analytics data from federated search and other available sources
- Analyze support cases to identify common customer questions that could be addressed by new technical articles or improved documentation
- Contribute to internal technical projects such as software development, benchmarking, building documentation and training guides, and providing oversight on other engineers’ project work
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Diverse technical writing experience
- Extreme attention to detail
- An above-average supply of patience
- The desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- One or more of the following technical skills (multiple is a bonus):
- Experience using or managing databases
- Experience coding in one or more of the languages with drivers supported by MongoDB (eg. Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, C#, Node.js, ...)
- Experience managing software development projects/ processes/ SDLC
- Experience with system administration of servers or networks
- Technical Support experience
- Data analysis experience
- One or more of the following:
- Hands-on experience in case deflection or Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS)
- Experience curating an existing knowledge base
Nice to Haves
- Experience using or managing MongoDB
- Experience with JIRA or Salesforce
- Experience with search engine optimization
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.