Technical Writer, Marketing at LogicMonitor
Are you looking to combine your writing skills with your love of learning new technologies? Are you as comfortable on the command line as you are writing clear and effective prose? If so, we'd love to talk to you. Good content is paramount at LogicMonitor, the leading cloud-based hybrid infrastructure performance monitoring platform for Enterprise and Managed Service Providers (MSPs). The Technical Writer creates in-depth content about infrastructure and application performance monitoring for a highly technical audience of software developers, ops engineers, network and system administrators. This positions works collaboratively with product management and marketing, sales engineering and technology alliance partners to create sales enablement assets to support our products and services and when you need an expert opinion.
Here's a closer look at your duties in this key role:
- Pitch, research, and write articles that are authoritative, practical, and clear, such as:
- Deep dives on modern technologies
- In-depth monitoring guides and tutorials - 'how to' blogs and videos
- Customer case studies
- Develop strategy and abstract for technical tracks at LogicMonitor user group events and meetings (including hands-on lab)
- Maintain a calendar for and develop the content to deliver a technically-focused webinar once a month in support of product launches and themes relevant to user base (includes collaborating with technology alliance partners in cloud, automation, orchestration, et al.)
- Continually measure reader engagement with content, and iterate to improve content definition, craft, and distribution
- Collaboratively ensure a consistent look, style, voice, tone, message, and brand across all product and services content
- Edit for consistency, clarity, brevity, accuracy, and readability—across digital and print media
- Provide accurate and timely project reporting on all your content marketing activities
- Recognize opportunities for process improvement and implement them.
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years technical writing experience
- 1+ years of copywriting experience preferred
- BA or BS required (Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or Marketing a plus)
- Domain experience working with any of the following technologies/areas preferred: infrastructure, monitoring solutions, virtualization, cloud computing, containers, container orchestration; code/infrastructure as a service, etc.
- Comfortable researching new technologies, learning how to use them, and reducing their complex workings to clear prose.
- Proficiency with common desktop apps and cloud-based apps (including Keynote, Google Suite and Microsoft Office suite)