Technical Writer at Mythic (Austin, TX or Remote)
| Austin | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:17 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 5, 2022
Mythic has developed a unified hardware and software platform featuring its unique Mythic Analog Compute Engine (Mythic ACE™) to deliver revolutionary power, cost, and performance that shatters digital barriers preventing AI innovation at the edge. The Mythic Analog Matrix Processor (Mythic AMP™) makes it much easier and more affordable to deploy powerful AI solutions, from the data center to the edge device. The company has raised over $165.2 million to date, has over 120 employees, and has offices in Redwood City, CA, and Austin, TX.
About the role:
Mythic’s full-stack solution combines cutting-edge semiconductor hardware with robust firmware and software for AI applications. We are currently seeking a professional Technical Writer to join our exceptional team. The successful applicant will be responsible for working with and coaching the engineering team to create technical documents and manuals. The Technical Writer will also explain complex information in a clear and concise manner while ensuring the accuracy of product descriptions. The right individual must be self-motivated and have a proven track record of working in a cross-functional environment on software products that are tightly coupled to embedded hardware systems.
This role is not location-specific. However, candidates will be expected to keeping working hours in line with either Pacific or Central Time.
Here's what you will do:
- Define documentation requirements for Mythic’s software products
- Coach technical staff to organize information and to create clear and concise engineering documentation
- Maintain a library of technical terminology and documentation
- Ensure technical documents comply with industry-standard guidelines (eg: ISO 9001)
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
Here is the background we hope you have:
- 3+ years of technical writing experience in the semiconductor or software industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Technical Communication, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related fields
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Experience writing technical documentation for SDKs that are tightly coupled to embedded hardware systems
- Experience working directly with engineers & product managers to create documentation.
- Prior experience with semiconductor and/or software product development life cycle
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) for document reviews & approvals
These skills would be nice to have, but are not required:
- Experience working in startups
- Familiarity with Atlassian Confluence
- Technical writing certifications from Society for Technical Communication or equivalent
- Familiarity with document management systems, databases, HTML, and/or XML
- Experience with working in standard Docstring formats (Doxygen, Sphinx, or Epydoc)
At Mythic, we pride ourselves in creating a culture where all employees feel valued and appreciated for the diverse perspectives and backgrounds they bring to the team. We aim to hire smart people, give them the resources they need to do their job well, and then leave the rest up to them. We celebrate individual differences and encourage people to be comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. At the end of the day, we are committed to building a diverse workforce where everyone belongs.
Mythic is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Read Full Job Description