Training and Content Specialist at RapidDeploy
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:05 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four state contracts and our software has been deployed in more than 350 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing enterprise software company that saves lives? RapidDeploy is hiring a Training & Content Specialist who will be based in Austin, TX and report to the Head of Training.
We are looking for a Training & Content Specialist to help build, iterate and execute training development to RapidDeploy’s customers. This individual will play a key role in developing the knowledge in our products and business by designing and developing training programs aimed at increasing knowledge and proficiency.
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers
What You’ll Be Doing at RapidDeploy:
- Develop a thorough and in-depth understanding of all RapidDeploy products and processes
- Create, organize, administer, maintain and manage product training curricula
- Build and deliver innovative training that is easily absorbed and applied across in-person, virtual, video and self-directed modalities
- Support the execution of existing training and onboarding initiatives to improve adoption and enable customers to get the most out of RapidDeploy
- Assist in development of Computer-Based Training (CBT) and Instructor-Led Training (ILT) student handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals, etc.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and mitigate risks to eliminate potential roadblocks in the design, development and implementation of training
- Refine training content and presentations based on audience needs; create quality training assets and various types of educational content (e.g. Knowledge Base articles, LMS repository, etc.)
- Partner with peers and provide feedback on learning objectives and content outlines
- Test the experience of new features introduced and provide usability and experience feedback to UX and Product teams
- Facilitate and deliver internal and external training programs to various teams, agencies, partners, etc.
- Assess the impact of training and measure knowledge retention
- Master training software and learning systems to deliver training and report on training effectiveness, iterating on content and delivery as needed
- Manage training logistics, including scheduling conference rooms, webinars, meeting requests, etc.
- BA or BS degree in Business, Learning and Development, or other relevant field
- 3+ years of experience developing and delivering customer training in using SaaS products
- Well versed in adult learning methodologies and able to evaluate learning effectiveness using instructional design assessment strategies
- Maintain a diligent attention to detail and high-quality bar
- Technically savvy and able to quickly learn new products and applications in order to be able to develop training programs for those products (experience using Docebo or another LMS is a plus)
- Extremely strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills, both written and verbal; good video presence
- Collaborator and a team player who thrives in a rapidly changing, fast-growing environment and can build extremely strong working relationships across teams, especially when there is shared ownership over some aspects of the customer experience
- Ability to create and modify content in a variety of forms, including written and video
- Must be able to effectively work independently, as well as part of a team
- Customer-first mindset and ‘get it done’ approach are critical success factors for this role
- Strong technical aptitude and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Analytical with an eye for detail; ability to synthesize information and draw conclusions based on data, trends, and behaviors
- Self-motivated, energetic, proactive team player with innovative ideas, diplomacy and tact
- Poise under pressure, thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Raised Series A financing from GreatPoint Ventures, Samsung NEXT & Tao Capital
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description