The Amherst Residential platform provides a comprehensive suite of services to facilitate the ownership of single-family rental properties, including property management services, asset level financing and asset management services. With a deep understanding of and proprietary analytics on the single-family home and mortgage markets, Amherst's platform combines a unique combination of national scale with local market knowledge and execution.
The Acquisitions team is looking for an Underwriting Analyst who will work in a fast paced environment as a buy-side analyst in the single-family residential real estate sector. The candidate will quickly be making investment decisions and will have an ability to make an immediate impact in a fast growing team.
- Underwrite and locate investment opportunities accurately using market comparables to determine an accurate rent, value and initial bid price for a single family asset
- Monitor and make decisions on acquiring a single family acquisition by tracking the asset through bid, due diligence period and closing process
- Report on acquisitions in detailed and holistic presentations for senior management
- Assist in creating and preparing underwriting models
- Monitor real estate trends preparing market analysis memos
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, specialty focus on Real Estate a plus, with 0-2 years of experience
- Strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with internal and external professionals
- Candidate should be extremely detail-oriented and organized with a proven ability to work well in a high-intensity environment to complete tasks quickly and effectively
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Expected amount of travel: 10-20%
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!