UX Content Strategist
We’re looking for a UX Content Strategist to join our incredible Product team. In this role, you’ll partner with product designers, researchers, customer success, and marketing to shape Procore’s user experiences, build trust with our users, and evolve our brand voice and tone within the Procore app and every touchpoint customers have with Procore, including emails and notifications. Our current UX Content Strategy team is building a new approach to product copy, focusing on human-centered content that puts our users are the center of every product interaction.
As a successful UX Content Strategist, you’re a skilled communicator who can refine complex ideas and technological interactions into clear, compelling, and meaningful copy that encourages users to engage with our product. You’re collaborative, open, agile, and thrive in an environment where change is the only constant.
This position is based in Austin, TX.
What you’ll do:
- Offer a content strategy perspective while collaborating with UX, UI, and research teams during the concept, wireframing, and content creation portion of the product development process
- Influence strategic decisions across and within products to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency
- Partner cross-functionally to drive consensus across teams and advocate for solutions that balance the needs of our users with our business goals
- Help build and implement the content strategy for a given product and write clear and concise content across multiple touch points (including labels and navigational elements, emails, tutorials, and notifications)
- Work closely with UX Research to evaluate the needs and behaviors of customers and analyze the impact of content with data and research
- Work closely with UX and UI teams to understand and document content patterns, character limits and considerations, and maintain our library of components
- Create content with careful consideration of translation and global best practices to make sure all users feel empowered in Procore
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in English, Communication, Digital Content Strategy, or another related area of study such as Journalism
- 2-3 years of experience writing product copy, technical copy, or UX writing
- A portfolio of content work
- Experience conducting content audits, content modeling, and content writing a plus
- Proven experience writing technical content (UI copy, help documentation, FAQs, and more) in a fast-paced environment
- Technical aptitude, and ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools
- Experience implementing voice and tone guidelines, style guides, and writing processes that improve content quality across products and tools
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Curiosity about the way people think and human behavior
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits:
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.