Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.The Vice President of Research and Data Journalism will report to the Managing Director and Head of Research and Analytics and play a key role in delivering on the firm’s goals across its debt, equity, branding and government relations strategies. In this role, you will use your storytelling and analytical skills to drive awareness of the Amherst mission, our unique technology, and what it is that sets Amherst apart.
- Collaborate with Investment Management, Marketing and Government Relations teams to deliver a consistent, world class experience for our key stakeholders.
- Develop and communicate a distinctive point-of-view about current issues and events and how they affect the housing market and consumers at large.
- Understand the investment landscape, industry trends, market opportunities, investor and community needs and relate those to the current and future capabilities of the firm to drive though leadership development
- Simplify and effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and through data visualization techniques.
- Draft compelling, newsworthy data-driven articles about housing affordability, market & industry, and investment trends that are interesting to national media, real estate industry stakeholders and consumers.
- Produce consistently high-quality content on a schedule, react nimbly to breaking news events, managing time and workload independently.
- Create content and market insights to support institutional asset-raising activities for the firm’s full suite of real estate investment products
- Build on existing, and develop new, strategic and long-term relationships with researchers, think tanks and consultants; Initiate direct outreach to engage in highly consultative, solutions-based discussions
- Serve as an ambassador for Amherst, with a deep knowledge of the business model, solutions, and brand promise
- Serve as a spokesperson to national media on consumer and housing affordability trends.
- 8+ years’ experience in data analytics with substantial experience in real estate and housing markets with the ability to dig out objective, big-picture stories in empirical research
- Deep industry knowledge and experience with a broad range of real estate investment strategies
- An understanding of the housing policy landscape and a proven ability to see how socio-economic trends affect consumers in their daily lives.
- Excellent writing skills and a disciplined, process-oriented approach to thought leadership development, review, release and follow-up
- Strategic mindset and an ability to contribute to the broader development and investment management efforts of the firm
- Results-oriented, collaborative, thrives in a team-based environment
Excellent with Excel, SQL and Tableau; R/Python and familiarity with CMS systems preferred
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.