Video Production Specialist
Amherst is a technology company with over twenty years of success developing and optimizing data analytics platforms for the real estate market. Having honed a unique analytical approach across residential real estate, commercial real estate, and fixed income, our platform powers various real estate business strategies including mortgage securitizations, asset management, and a single-family buy-to-rent. Our data, technology and risk-management solutions provide our clients an edge in navigating today’s real estate markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Amherst is looking to hire a Video Production Specialist for our internal and external communications. The best candidate will know how to creatively handle, manage, and produce multiple video projects from ideation to publication, helping tell the story of Amherst companies, as well as consumers. The ideal candidate will excel in creatively shooting video, composing a story arc and editing video to craft compelling stories, creating educational content, as well as internal communication videos. Some projects will take place remotely and require travel. The qualified Video Production Specialist will ensure that all audio visual requirements requested by clients and internal resources are met, and will be able to interface various types of audio visual, communication, and presentation technology. This person will also be responsible for teaching and training team members on best practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently onsite, but as part of the IT team, and report to the SVP of IT
- Set-up and operate cameras, lighting, and sound recording devices to gather interviews and supplemental b-roll
- Work with team members to plan production of video and audio programs for marketing purposes
- Shoots, edits video, selects music, designs digital video effects and creates graphics in order to create a finished product using editing systems and equipment.
- Assist with setup and operation of audiovisual and video conferencing systems, as well as provide support for conferences and events
- If a capability is degraded or non-operational, notify client, and find alternative and/or temporary equipment configurations and/or alternative modes of operation necessary to permit continued system use
- Responsible for the setup, installation, maintenance and support of audio visual systems and equipment. Supported components include but not limited to: A/V rack systems, codecs, Audio Mixers, Control Systems, A/V Automation, Wiring, Amplifiers, Microphones, Projection systems, Video Cameras and other peripheral equipment.
- Setup, interconnect and operate A/V equipment, including: video cameras, video codecs, and microphones/speakers.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Provide support for all video conference services and provide support that falls outside of the scope when requested and as needed
- 4+ years related experience and/or training. Degree in video production, digital multimedia, communications, journalism, and/or marketing required.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, under immense pressure. The pace requires independent and confident thinking, self-motivation and determination.
- Must be responsive, efficient, have excellent customer interaction, and exhibit a high level of professionalism.
- Experience working in a team environment
- Familiarity with HD and 4K camera systems, microphone and audio mixer equipment, video switching equipment, lighting and other equipment normally found in a live broadcast studio environment.
- Ability to use supplemental tools such as sliders, jibs, stabilizers, etc.
- Familiarity with non-linear editing platforms such as Adobe Premiere
- Experience working in a financial environment a plus
- Must be engaged in the process of technical development.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Qualified Candidates with links to previous work or portfolios will be given top consideration
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!