BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a technically savvy, data-driven Web Content Strategist whose focus is on growth. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion dollar company in a trillion dollar industry by shaping the BigCommerce website experience. As a key member of the Content Marketing team, this person must be equal parts creative and strategic, with a passion for UX and storytelling.
The Web Content Strategist will be responsible for creating content strategies designed to enhance the end-to-end website experience and guide users through the conversion funnel with compelling and cohesive storytelling. This role will report to the Director, Content Marketing and will collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing Web, SEO and Demand Generation teams. Our ideal candidate is a driven, forward-thinking marketer and skilled strategist who will contribute innovative ideas to continually improve BigCommerce content.
What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with the Marketing Web team to define the website user journey and optimize web information architecture for acquisition and retention.
- Collaborate with Demand Generation and Customer Marketing teams to understand users’ content needs and align on business goals.
- Develop and communicate content strategy recommendations to project teams, including audit findings, template selection, sitemap navigation, taxonomy and more.
- Regularly audit bigcommerce.com for content gaps, inconsistencies and opportunities to create connected content experiences.
- Test and refine content based on analytics, user feedback and other performance data, and adjust the website content experience as the needs of the business change.
- Write clear, compelling, and consistent web content for cohesive storytelling across touchpoints.
- 3-5 years of content strategy and content writing experience with a focus on B2B marketing, ecommerce and/or SaaS.
- A proven track record of developing and executing content strategies and tactics.
- A thorough understanding of website user experience and content optimization principles.
- Familiarity with basic SEO principles.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics or other analytics platforms.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- A demonstrated ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems.