We provide proven technology and expertise for lead acquisition success. Our SaaS platform helps marketers automate their unique processes for acquiring qualified sales leads, building accurate email subscriber lists, and providing superior transparency for legal compliance. Each month, we process millions of opt-in Internet leads across a wide range of industries. Founded in 2004, ActiveProspect is headquartered in Austin, TX.
Active Prospect is seeking a Part-time Controller to join our growing company. The Controller will own the entire accounting function for the organization. This is a perfect position for someone who has been in an accounting leadership position and is looking for something with flexible hours and a reduced schedule. Ideally this position would be 20-30 hours per week. Opportunity for full time role as needs of company evolve.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible for all accounting duties including, but not limited to:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- General bookkeeping
- Credit card and bank account reconciliation
- Employee expense reports and reimbursements
- Reporting - get things ready for quarterly, monthly reports
- Inventory tracking, computers, etc.
- Tax reporting (sales tax, property tax, etc.)
- State Compliance for multiple states
- Payroll processing
- Retirement plan - make deposits, review options.
- Help manage stock option plan
- Review current accounting systems and procedures and make recommendations
Qualifications and Skills
- Quickbooks expert
- Proficiency in Excel
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Must have previous experience as a Controller
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience creating financial statements
Benefits and Perks
- A financially stable company, with the freedom and opportunities of a startup culture
- Flexible work schedule
- Beautiful office space in Hyde Park (close to Central Market, Vino Vino, and Hyde Park Gym)
- Fun office environment with Ping pong table, kegerator, and snacks