Actuarial Analyst - Model Team at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
- Under the leadership and guidance of the Lead or Senior Model Team Consultant, build, document and maintain one or more of the following actuarial models, as assigned: Medical expense and trend analysis and forecasting model; Medicare Advantage Bid (BPT)
- Development model; Medicare Advantage pricing model; provider risk contract evaluation model; Direct Contracting evaluation model;
- Direct Contracting Bid model; Medicaid rate evaluation model
- Provide support for other Government Programs and Provider Risk Actuarial teams during their peak periods
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or a related field required
- Experience working with health care data and/or model building and maintenance
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries is preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Experience with forecasting, modeling, SQL and SAS
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following: medical expense and trend analysis and forecasting, Medicare Advantage program and bids, Direct Contracting programs and bids, healthcare provider risk contract arrangements, Medicaid programs and rate evaluation
- Understanding of company practices related to management of member populations for purposes of estimating risk
- Produce, understand, and interpret internal and external analysis and reports; provide effective technical and non-technical support to internal and external stakeholders
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.