Actuarial Analyst - Provider Risk at Bright Health (Remote)
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
The Actuarial Analyst, Provider Risk will provide technical support to the Provider Risk Actuarial team on project work, modeling, and Direct Contracting performance evaluations. Additional cross-functional support role working with Line of Business, Analytics, Finance, Marketing and other areas of the company that may need data summarization, modeling framework or research help.
- Support the Government Programs & Provider Risk Actuarial Models team’s development of actuarial models to be used for medical expense and trend analysis and forecasting, provider risk contract evaluation, and Direct Contract (DC) performance evaluation
- Perform first pass (to be developed) quarterly medical expense analysis and forecasting process for review and modification by senior Provider Risk actuaries
- Document and draft summary review memos in support of the (to be developed) quarterly medical expense analysis and forecasting process in coordination with senior Provider Risk actuaries in preparation for, and as follow up to, collaboration with various NeueHealth, owned clinics and Bright SMEs and leaders
- Support the evaluation of financial implications of provider participation in networks for DC opportunities
- Support provider risk contract evaluations and DC performance evaluations, interfacing with internal Bright team and external consulting actuaries.
- Support Finance team in the development of forecasting models, projections and relevant information to inform C-Level business decisions
- Support the development of contract analysis assumptions to inform contract evaluation decisions and plan benefit development and provide guidance to the NeueHealth and owned clinics teams
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis using Excel, SAS, SQL and Tableau
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or a related field required
- Experience working with health care data and/or provider contract modeling work is preferred
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 2 Actuarial exams passed
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Healthcare industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Experience with forecasting, modeling, SQL and SAS
- Understanding of company practices related to management of member populations for purposes of estimating risk
- Produce, understand, and interpret internal and external analysis and reports; provide effective technical and non-technical support to internal and external stakeholders
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.