Advanced Data Insights Analyst II at Expedia Group
The Travel Partner Group Analytics and Data Science team is passionate about influencing, recommending, and supporting Expedia Group’s supply executive leadership teams in global and regional pivotal initiatives. Your passion for up-leveling data and insights is defined as a critical strategy for the team!
At Expedia Group, we are passionate about using Data and Analytics to build an outstanding travel experience and bring the world within reach. We are looking for an outstanding individual to join the Vacation Rentals Analytics team and generate powerful insights that will shape business growth. This is an opportunity to be a part of a fun and data-led company and partner with global strategy and marketing teams to design inspiring and impactful business plans, powered by quantitative insight.
We have a strong team of analysts and data scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you are excited to use data to tell compelling stories to our leaders, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
In this role you will:
- Frame business challenges as an analytics problem and concrete set of analytical tasks.
- Assess and evaluate the use of various methods when trying to tackle a problem considering the underlying assumptions.
- Connect with and influence partners and leadership teams.
- Manage partners with frequent communication, expectation management, meeting deadlines and the backlog.
- Extract data from multiple data sources and combine them into the required datasets for model building or analytics.
- Demonstrate understanding of business domain and can recommend model changes, constantly evolving information and requirements.
- Apply common statistical methods such as linear and non-linear regression, multivariate analysis to interpret results.
- Become knowledgeable in EG visualization tools, crafting sophisticated calculations using advanced features.
- Anticipate and assist team members in the creation of routine technical communication materials (e.g. policies & procedures, guidelines, presentations, messages).
Who you are:
- Have Bachelors/Master’s degree in Engineering/Mathematics/Hotel Management/Business (or any other technical field), as well as some work or academic experience working with large datasets: querying SQL databases, using Tableau, Excel, R, Python or equivalents. Background in Data Science is a strong plus
- Familiar with statistical analysis, business intelligence concepts, E2E process of analyzing data and building models: data cleaning, mining exploration, visualization, scenario modelling. Practical knowledge of advanced analytics methods (regression, clustering, causal impact, time series) is preferred
- Keen problem-solver exhibiting intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, and focus on generating impactful business insights. Interest in building business knowledge in hospitality industry
- Have knowledge with Python, Scala or R, or other major ML programming language
- Can-do attitude and self-motivation. Passionate about the outcome, can work independently and within a team
- Good communicator, capable of translating technical language into business terms
- Open to coaching on new techniques and technologies. Passion to share knowledge with our growing analytics community!
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age....
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.