Analyst-Business Systems at Ascension
The Analyst - Business Systems possesses an introductory level of software used for Ascension Business Intelligence such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Big Query, SQL, Tableau, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), PeopleSoft (PSFT), Informatica® Data Quality (IDQ) and Service Now, as examples. The Analyst provides general support of Ascension facilities and customers by monitoring daily files, provisioning access requests, validating data loads and testing code / data in table /data mart development, etc.
What You Will Do
- Serve on call rotations for daily file monitoring. Research issues on missing or incomplete files and communicate findings to health ministry liaisons
- Create test scripts and test methodologies for functional testing and data validation; conduct regular functional testing and data validation using Tableau, GCP Big Query, HFM, PSFT and other software, as needed, and document results
- Respond to Service Now tickets opened by associates for data, troubleshooting, etc.; provide high level of customer service for internal and external customers; serve as customer support for questions related to the data published.
- Actively participate in the time-sensitive monthly submission of files from GCP to PSFT for hospital volume, including validating data and troubleshooting issues
- Participates in projects effectively in an independent and autonomous manner
- Participates in work groups and attends meetings, as needed
- Attend relevant training sessions, as required, to maintain competence in software applications, analytics and visualizations
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Perform all duties with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Two (2) plus years of relevant business intelligence customer, data and visualization experience using software such as GCP Big Query and Tableau (recommended)
- Critical thinking, analytical skills and business acumen needed to make decisions, solve problems and manage time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - oral and written presentations
- Ability to grasp technological opportunities and apply them to business opportunities and requirements
- Experience servicing customer requests using help desk type software
- Self-motivated to work on designated assignments in a collaborative or independent manner as an effective member of a team to meet deadlines
- Preserves confidential information following HIPAA / PHI data compliance
- Proficient in Google Suite of products (e.g., Docs, Gmail, Sheets, Slides, Chat, etc.)
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.