Analyst, Operations Strategy & Analytics at Care.com
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
Care.com is the largest and fastest-growing technology platform for online care services, helping families, businesses, and corporate employees find high-quality care for their kids, pets, parents, and homes. [email protected] (“[email protected]”), Care.com’s fastest-growing business unit, provides family care benefits for employers. Our products enable employees to manage all their family care needs, so they can focus on doing awesome things at work. The Operations (“Ops”) team within [email protected] is the backbone of our B2B business, ensuring that we’re delivering a best-in-class experience for our clients and scaling our network to keep up with fast-growing demand.
What Your Days Will be Like:
As an Analyst on the Ops Strategy & Analytics team, you will support Operations leadership and partner with the broader [email protected] cross-functional team to tackle the highest-priority strategic questions facing [email protected] through objective analysis and operational insights. This is a new role on the team with ample opportunity for growth. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and demonstrates strong business judgment. The ideal candidate enjoys working with data, is results-oriented, and can prioritize and turn around high-quality analysis in a fast-paced environment. They are a strong communicator who can effectively share analytical results and data-driven recommendations.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Deliver strategic projects that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives
- Conduct in-depth analysis and develop a deep understanding of key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Become an expert in data sources and metrics
- Leverage data and tools available to deliver core KPIs, reporting, and supply / demand forecasts
- Build, maintain and optimize dashboards to track client usage of our products and network performance
- Support team in assessing performance of various operational initiatives
- Interpret results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple exploratory data analysis to statistical modeling
- Become a trusted partner to Account Management, Business Intelligence, and Network & Provider teams to drive business value
- Foster relationships with other departments to build credibility and cooperation among teams
- Pivot between changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record, preferably in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics or Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Ability to articulately present recommendations to cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Detail-oriented with the skill to navigate ambiguity and independently produce high-quality analysis
- Experience with SQL or similar relational database language
- Microsoft Excel proficiency, including pivot tables, lookup functions and charts
- Experience with Data Visualization tools (Tableau preferred)
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Natural curiosity to solve problems along with a demonstrated ability to turn data points into an informative, easily understood story
- Independently capable of defining framework to solve complex and/or conceptual problems, seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations
- Motivated to work hard in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business and to foster team culture
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Experience with R, Python, or related programming language preferred
- Knowledge of A/B testing and statistical principles (e.g. regression) preferred
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).