Analyst, Real Estate Valuation – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst Residential, our single family real estate investment division is seeking a strong Real Estate Valuation Analyst to join our team to assist in asset evaluation, overall portfolio valuations, and negotiation tactics. This requires strong communication skills, a desire to fight for our company's views on properties and negotiate with external clients/vendors.
- Work with internal business unit leadership and business development functions to analyze and define key real estate projects or initiatives to support the group’s needs
- Providing support and documentation on all related matters for the properties
- Research analysis of real estate property values within our marketplace for maximum return on investments
- Negotiate with outside real estate brokers and clients and negotiate real estate portfolio investment valuations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Real Estate or similar field
- Experience within Real Estate or Finance preferred
- Prior Broker Price Opinion negotiation experience a huge plus!
- Solid communication skills and professional demeanor
- Strong negotiation skills are a must
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with MS Office, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern work-space with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Monthly lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Monthly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.