Analytics Analyst II at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Analytics Analyst II
Austin Four Points Office
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for an Analyst to help create data-driven insights and infrastructure in our rapidly growing company.What You’ll Do
- Provide analysis for BigCommerce’s business units, to both technical and non-technical customers.
- Gather business requirements, extract and collate necessary data from disparate systems to answer business questions.
- Develop, deliver and communicate data insights and recommendations in a clear and concise manner, verbally and in written form.
- Maintain reporting infrastructure to make recommendations for improvements in regards to automation and documentation for the benefit of the entire Analytics team.
- Develop, automate, and document descriptive Analytics throughput via Jira/ Confluence, always looking for opportunities to help the team improve their processes.
- Partner closely with Data Solutions colleagues to share best practices and generate ideas that improve workflows for all technical teams at BigCommerce.
- Play a critical role in establishing best practices for data documentation and leading the team’s efforts to scale in this area.
- Maintain a curious, systems thinking mindset to seek new and improved ways to visualize data sets.
- 1-2 years experience writing SQL (required) to analyze large datasets and answer business questions with a knack for documenting best practices / queries / FAQs.
- 1-2 years working with data in a business or financial analytics role, or equivalent academic background.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Math, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Computer Science.
- Proven expertise with data visualization tools and techniques required (Tableau, Looker, and/or Sisense specifically preferred)
- Experience with eCommerce and/or SaaS subscription models and related metrics a major plus
- Exposure to Python or similar scripting or programming languages a plus, not required
- Evangelize for data-driven decision making and quantify impacts of business decisions with a positive, patient servant leader attitude.
- A thoughtful communicator who earns trust and builds strong working relationships across departments. while selflessly facilitating knowledge transfer throughout the organization.
- Proactive and results-oriented, comfortable seeking to understand business context driving data requests and collaborating on best practices.
- Team player (required), ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and analytical with excellent time-management skills.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings