ABOUT THE ROLE
Bright Health’s Analytics Team is working to push boundaries to redefine what strong analytics can accomplish in health care. The Analytics Consultant will be dedicated to supporting the Clinical Performance team, inclusive of our Utilization Management, Case Management and Care Navigation programs. The Clinical Performance team is responsible for defining clinical program strategy, program development, implementation and management of day to day clinical program operations so that we can best partner with our Care Partners to advance affordable, simple, and personal care for our members. The Analytics Consultant will be accountable for working with claims data and completing analyses of our clinical program performance from a programmatic and operational lens. This position will work closely with the Director of Utilization Management and Director of Clinical Delivery, along with work cross-functionally in presenting program outcomes. This position will also serve as key contributor in identifying how to display data in self-service tools to allow increased access to analysis of clinical program performance.
- Develop queries, collect/analyze data and structure data in a way that informs leaders of program performance
- Accountable for delivering daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly operational and programmatic reports for clinical programs, ideally within self-service tools
- Coordinate with Enterprise Analytics, Product and Tech to support outcomes reporting for Care Management programs
- Build reporting capabilities to monitor program performance
- Support inquiries/hypothesis testing from Clinical Performance leadership
- Develop reporting dashboards for new clinical programs or campaigns
- Acts as subject matter expert on clinical program data and program performance
- Provide creative recommendations for querying/presenting data that guides decision making
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Five (5) or more years related data analytics experience required; preferably within a health plan or related field.
- Experience in SQL, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Experience in interpreting data analytics, outcomes measures in health care and use of that data to drive change.
- Takes a creative approach to audience-facing dashboard and reporting, establishing ease of access and data manipulation by end user.
- Ability to drive results through data, in a collaborative environment
- Ability to visualize data using self service tools, such as Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI, etc
- Comfort managing multiple timely priorities to support program needs. Flexible and able to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills. Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, establish working relationships, and communicate effectively
- Combines creativity with analytical and technical skills when working to solve a problem
- Strong operational mindset and use of data to draw insights; when applicable data is not available, have the ability to gather all available information to support an approach and devise steps to measure the impact of clinical programs
- Experience in leveraging data and technology to solve problems or improve processes
- Bias toward action; sense of urgency, self-initiative, and ownership of work
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.