Analytics Engineer at A Cloud Guru
We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped more than 1 MILLION engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laugh together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.Our Values
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well stocked fridge and kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education budget
As an Analytics Engineer at A Cloud Guru, you'll be responsible for all of the processes, logic, and transformations once data hits the database. This role is critical to the success of all other analysts at A Cloud Guru and will be able to utilize some really cool technology with our modern ELT stack, that’s right we do transformations after loading data. We also sport a serverless data stack, because we like doing things in the cloud! We are growing like crazy so there are plenty of opportunities for career advancement and personal growth at A Cloud Guru.In this role you’ll get to:
- Build out grandiose data models to get all of our puzzle pieces fitted together.
- Work closely with other members of the Analytics team to keep our business logic up-to-date in our codebase.
- Build out an analytics infrastructure in a manner that enforces DRY methodology.
- Act as a technical mentor to other members of the team
- Advise and solution data solutions through close collaboration with Data Engineering and Analysts
- Learn new technologies and processes quickly
- Improve on an already established architecture to always keep us improving
- Become a subject matter expert on all things data modeling
- Bridge the technology gap between Data Engineering and Analytics
- Advise on the best tool for the job, when to rely on Data Engineers and when to rely on tools like Stitch and Fivetran
- Keep a living document of logic and processes
- Experience building out a database reporting model in a data warehouse (Redshift, Bigquery, Snowflake preferred)
- Familiarity with DAGs (DBT & Airflow)
- Knowledge of data structures needed to deliver excellent reporting
- 5+ years of experience with SQL
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- Experience working directly with a Data Engineering team as a stakeholder
- Knowledge of data engineering processes a plus
- Experience with AWS, git, and Looker a plus
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.Our crew
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our offices in Austin, Texas. While we do have remote workers, this role requires you to be in our Austin, TX office.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.