OJO Labs was founded on the belief that complex decision making could be made better through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. Our company has developed a unique, AI-based technology that combines natural language processing, machine learning, and human support. The offering allows for consumers to gain a better understanding of the market as well as their own wants and needs prior to interacting with an expert.
The first big decision we’re tackling is homebuying and selling. We are building an end-to-end real estate platform which provides consumers personalized guidance throughout their journey, readying them to make meaningful connections with experts. In addition, we provide brokers, agents, and loan officers warm and informed introductions to consumers, along with the tools to support a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’d be helping to build technologies that will significantly advance the world’s largest consumer industries while setting a new standard for engagement between people, information, and companies.
About the OJO Analytics Team
The Analytics team is a small but rapidly growing, high impact team at OJO. Our vision is to 1) help drive business value and growth through strategic deep dive analysis aimed at performance improvement in every function of our company, and 2) democratize the use of data and steward building a data-driven decision culture. Every member on the team strives to have deep subject matter expertise on their relevant domains and has the freedom, opportunity and responsibility to own and manage the codebases for their domains in our data warehouse and BI platform. There is always important, challenging, and exciting work to accomplish in an incredibly fast paced and innovative environment!
About this role
This is an opportunity to join the team and add tremendous value to our company in a key player/coach role. You will be able to manage and grow many key team functions as well as have a platform to drive positive change across the company, test new ideas, and challenge and grow your own skills.
What you'll do
- Help manage, nurture and develop a growing team of exceptional analysts
- Become a subject matter expert in key product and operational functions and drive optimization through close stakeholder engagement, deep analysis and daily engagement
- Grow to be a key advisor to the Executive Leadership Team
- Establish best-in-class practices and technical standards for analytical processes and solution development, deployment and sustainment
- Help build a data-centric culture and be an internal champion for analytics and data literacy throughout the organization
- Research new methodologies, concepts and industry trends to guide the creation and adoption of new analytical approaches and technology
What we need from you:
- 6+ years of experience in an analytical function with 4+ years of experience leading analytical teams
- Exceptional analytical ability, conceptual thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong track record of developing, motivating and inspiring analytical teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to distill complex data sets into actionable insights
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to collaborate across functional areas to define, prioritize and implement analytics efforts
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience using modern data analysis tools and languages (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with modern visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Mode, MixPanel, etc.)
- Experience with Data Warehousing concepts, ETL processes and Tools
- Bonus Points for
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Real estate industry experience is a plus
What do we have to offer?
- You get to work with the best of the best
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
- Competitive Salaries
- Stock options
- Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
- Hip SoCo Austin Office
- Dog-Friendly Workplace
- Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
- 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Optimum Workspace Subsidy
- Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
We are an Austin-based, technology startup focused on fundamentally improving the way people make their most important decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. With offices in Austin, TX, Minneapolis, MN, San Mateo, CA and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, we have over 300 employees globally. We are continuously named a Top Place to Work and have recently been named to the Inc. Best Places to Work list for the second year in a row. Backed by top-tier VCs and industry veterans, we have managed to hire the best technical, product and operational minds to pursue this incredible opportunity. We know we’re onto something big and everyone on our team has a significant impact on our evolving product, team and culture.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.