Application Analyst at Q2
We’re looking for a Sr. Financial Applications Analyst!
Q2 is a fun, fast growing company that is always looking for innovative opportunities to scale. As such, we’re looking to hire somebody that can help us implement and maintain software that are utilized by our Finance & Accounting business partners.
Here's who we’re looking for:
You’re the type of person that listens first and talks second in order to fully understand your business partners pain points and needs. You are meticulous in documenting requirements, use cases, and test results. Few others rival your attention to detail. You understand the importance of developing relationships across all levels of the organization. You love working with technology and embrace self-learning. You know how to solve problems and get results! You have a great sense of humor and love collaborating.
If you were working for Q2 today, here are some things you would have done recently:
- Performed and analysis on the current Finance & Accounting technology ecosystem and presented findings and recommendations to F&A leadership in form of a multi-year roadmap
- Tracked operational and project work in Jira and led a backlog prioritization review with your F&A business partners
- Supported end-users in multiple functions of NetSuite (Ledger, Advanced Revenue Management, SuiteBilling, Fixed Assets, Vendor Bill Approval), NetSuite Planning & Budgeting (Oracle’s EPM Cloud Product), Blackline, Avalara, Concur, and other SAAS based financial technologies
- Assisted in environment preparation for the semi-annual NetSuite release testing by reconnecting to our Avalara sandbox and updating metadata file in NetSuite for our SAML setup
- Created a new custom field or probed further, understood the issue, and sold your business users on an alternate solution
- Revised a custom object to hold additional data and worked with your data warehouse colleagues on testing any effects of dispositioning an obsoleted field
- Developed a script to update a field value after gathering requirements from a business partner and tested it in one of our sandbox environments
- Owned troubleshooting why balances aren't updating in our Blackline environment and worked with their support to correct the native integration
- Created a new user role to support a new business function
- Translated Excel based formulas into NSPB to build a balance sheet model used for reporting historical as well as projected values
- Developed a model for your Finance business partners to utilize to forecast complex revenue subscriptions
- Collaborated with your IT peers to build API based integration to acquire upstream information like employee rosters
- Gathered requirements from F&A leadership to create KPIs and Dashboards
- Written SOX controls for our FP&A team and reviewed them with our business owners for the NS PB tool and the integrations that are used
- Performed SOX controls and entered key artifacts for certification in AuditBoard
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in finance & accounting application administration with applicable certifications
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on producing high quality presentations & artifacts using tools like MS Office and Lucidchart
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Passion for influencing and creating positive change
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.