BI Analytics Manager - Global Supply & Demand Analytics at Babylon
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:02 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, September 15, 2021
We are looking for a unique Business Intelligence Analytics Manager, to lead a small but growing team in the US (as part of the broader Global Supply & Demand Analytics Team), who will build the analytical and reporting infrastructure to enable us to understand and predict trends across our operations as we scale. This is not your typical Analyst role; dashboards, reports and analytical products will be required to be delivered on tight operational timelines. You will develop a deep understanding of Babylon’s operations to help drive your analytical solutions, and you must also be able to communicate the value of your work to different disciplines in order to embed your solutions in day-to-day operations.
You will work intimately with the Operations Team and across multiple product and technical teams in order to help us build the first digital end-to-end care service that can support millions of patients.
What will you do:
- Lead, mentor and ultimately manage a small team of analysts in the Supply & Demand Analytics Team in the US
- Oversee prioritisation and planning of work for your team, and use this to inform the wider team’s roadmap
- Identify hiring requirements and work with the Supply & Demand Analytics Lead to recruit into any gaps
- Be the “second in command” for the Global Supply & Demand Analytics Lead (who is based in the UK), i.e. be the main US point of contact for Supply & Demand Analytics and work closely with the Global Lead to scale the US Team
- Mentor and upskill more junior team members in all areas from SQL to business acumen
- Be the analytical powerhouse behind core operations projects (from origination to implementation) to support our Operations Teams and create the required models and analysis to drive initiatives
- Help Babylon understand the drivers of patient demand and how to optimise/schedule our supply in order to match this, whilst still providing best-in-class service levels and patient experience
- Cost and revenue optimisation for our clinical services
- Build reporting and analytical infrastructure in Tableau
- Build a gold-standard suite of reports and dashboards that will be used to power the Operations business
- Mentor and up skill power business users on the use of Tableau to support self service
- Work with our data engineering team to build the data models to support your reporting suite
- Help build and define the operations reporting and insights processes
- Create the optimal reporting structure by working closely with business leads and clinicians
- Develop strong understanding of Babylon’s operations in order to define appropriate metrics and key success indicators
- Build clear and effective feedback loops to key areas of the business (including product, engineering, commercial, marketing etc.) to provide valuable operations insights
- Communicate insights and metrics to senior stakeholders and business partners on a regular basis
- Help build the foundational data infrastructure and analytics platform to assist data-driven teams within operations and across the company
- Co-own the ETL and data model for the supply & demand domain in the US
- Work with development engineers to help build a data platform that is optimised for its end users
- Help drive a culture of strong analytics and data-driven thinking across the operations division
Who fits the role?
- Experience leading or managing a team of analysts; minimum of 1-2 years preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience in a technical analytics role
- 3-5+ years business experience using SQL
- 3-5+ years experience using Tableau (or similar BI tool) to build reporting dashboards and analyse data
- 2-3+ years experience leveraging ETL/ELT and data modelling tools such as dbt
- Experience in forecasting and modelling
- Strong statistical understanding
- Numerical degree: Maths, Engineering, Science, Computer Science, Finance or related subjects
- Strong business acumen and proven creativity in developing cost optimisation initiatives
- Experience working on end-to-end, cross-functional analytics projects
- Experience building models and dashboards to tight timelines and embedding these in operations to inform real-time business decisions
- Experience capturing and building analytical solutions to stakeholder requirements, across various levels of seniority and functions
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset.
- You need to want to make change now – this is less about creating an incredible strategy that will be implemented over the next 5 years, and more about processes that can change the business in the next 6 months.
What’s nice to have?
- Experience in dbt
- Fundamentals in Python
- Experience working in a startup culture
- Experience working in a operational organisation
WHAT WE OFFER
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description