BI Developer, Senior
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
BI Developer, Senior
Develop and tune packages in Blackbaud's Microsoft SQL Server-based data warehouse environment. Re-imagine Blackbaud's data warehouse architecture and move business critical workloads onto a cutting-edge technology stack hosted within Microsoft Azure. Grow and maintain the BI platform: Architect solutions: data structures, visualizations, and integrations. Evaluate and make recommendations on new business intelligence software, from business user tools to platform architecture. Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to improve BI delivery and offerings. Ensure nightly ETL processes are monitored, problems corrected, and jobs completed. Tune databases structures and ETL packages to achieve and maintain a high-level of processing performance. Partner with internal customers to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that improve business decision making and accelerate business objective realization. Define standards and best practices for development lifecycle and platform architecture. Drive maturity throughout the program through defined and documented processes and increased automation and self-service. Plan and ensure delivery of ongoing end user training and education for greater awareness of business intelligence tools and data, deeper analytical skills, and greater self-service capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Business Intelligence, Information Technology, or a related field and five (5) years of experience in the job offered or as a Computer Systems Analyst, Software Engineer, Technology Analyst, Project Engineer, or a related role.
- Must have five (5) years of experience with each of the following skills: MS SQL Server Development including Queries, Tables, Views, and Stored Procedures; MS SQL Server Maintenance including Indexes and Partitions; MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS); MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) including Multi-dimensional and Tabular; Multi-Dimensional Expressions (MDX) and Data Mining Extensions (DMX); and Data Warehouse Architecture including Kimball, Dimensional Modeling--Facts & Dimensions, Slowly Changing Dimensions (Type 0-6), Star Schema, and OLAP Cubes.
- Must have three (3) years of experience with MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- One (1) year of experience with MS Power BI - preferred
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.