ABOUT THIS JOB
Bright Health is working to build a comprehensive, scalable data platform that can accelerate our data driven approach to delivering the best healthcare in conjunction with the best Care Partners. This role is on the BI Enablement team and spans the full life cycle of Data Warehousing, from data modeling to ETL, through to report design.
Are you a team player who is not afraid to ask questions, take risks, share in owning the team victories as well as challenges? Are you eager to seek out and apply new technologies and skills for ETL improvement in daily work? If so, this may be the job for you!
- Participate on an Agile scrum team to design and develop BI assets, including data pipelines, reports, visualizations, interactive stewardship dashboards, and data-centric workflows to help automate business processes. Specifically, you will:
- Design and develop and modify/maintain ETL processes that load data for the data warehouse using ETL tools (transitioning from SSIS to Azure integration technologies) and SQL code.
- Provide performance and scale tuning in selected technology stacks for ETL, data querying, and information management platforms.
- Implement traditional data warehouse schema and star schema data models.
- Collaborate with data engineering in the creation of reusable components as they relate to the Azure data management frameworks
- Collaborate with analytics teams to design reports and reporting portals, supporting subscriptions, enabling advanced filtering for ad hoc querying, and performance tuning.
- Collaborate with and mentor analytics and business unit “citizen developers” on reporting and business process automation solutions, including SharePoint.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of BI experience, using integration tools such as SSIS and reporting suites such as PowerBI or Tableau is a must. Senior positions are available for those with more years of experience.
- Extensive experience developing data-intensive solutions against an RDBMS, such as SQL Server, Postgres or Oracle. Highly skilled writing SQL queries, DML and DDL, indexes and performance tuning.
- 3+ years of Healthcare data experience is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in advanced Microsoft SQL Server is preferred.
- Experience operating on in an Agile scrum environment is preferred.
- Experience managing or building BI workflow assets in SharePoint is a strong plus.
- Enterprise experience with data movement and management in Azure is a plus.
- Hands-on expertise in designing and building Kimball-style Star schema database models is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience. Computer Science or similar preferred
- MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT VISA SPONSORSHIP
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.