What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer on our Revenue Analytics team, you’ll lead analytics projects from discovery and data validation to modeling, visualization, and insight. In this role, you’ll use your multitasking and collaboration skills to solve complex problems with company-wide impact. Procore is building a best-in-class enterprise SaaS ecosystem and your work will help drive efficiency and strategic decision-making across the organization.
This position will report to our Manager, Revenue Analytics, and has the opportunity to be based in any of our U.S. office locations. Remote candidates will be considered with experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain foundational data models, abstracting multiple sources, and historical data across varied schemas to a format suitable for further analysis
- Partner with business groups to define and quantify metrics that enable tracking of performance goals
- Work in partnership with Procore communities throughout the enterprise to continuously improve quality services that ensure data products effectively and efficiently meet operational, strategic, and regulatory standards
- Develop and implement planned and systematic processes within the quality reporting system to provide measurable and trackable confidence in reporting to fulfill agreed-upon quality standards
- Develop mechanisms that support the fulfillment of quality standards using real-time activities and services
- Design, build, and improve dashboards and reporting to provide business insight
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience related to data analysis and modeling complex raw data
- Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Business Management, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or specialized training/certification) is preferred; or equivalent work experience
- Advanced relational databases and data modeling skills
- Very strong experience in SQL and dimensional modeling, extracting large sets of data, and design of ETL flows; proficiency in both Airflow and DBT is a big plus
- Strong experience in a business intelligence tool such as Looker or Tableau
- Hands-on experience working with data warehouse technologies such as Snowflake and Redshift
- Strong familiarity with version control systems such as Github
- Experience with statistical analysis and predictive analytics skills such as Python and R
- Ability to understand data models of core business systems
- Strong data visualization skills and understanding of principles of visual design such as Edward Tufte, Stephen Few, is a plus
- Ability to leverage strong written and verbal communication skills to convey complex technical topics to non-technical audiences across the organization
- Proficient interpersonal skills and collaboration skills; ability to partner with technical teams and business partners within Finance, Business Operations, and Engineering
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment, and development programs, and friends & family events.