Business Analyst 4 at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Data Custodian Analyst IV, interacts with multiple groups on setting the foundation for Bright Health’s archiving and data life cycle management. This role will be responsible for assisting with application retirement and consolidation as it relates to data. The Data Custodian Analyst IV will be interpreting the defined scope and defined business requirement for each application and its associated dataset. This role will also be responsible for managing the data throughout its lifecycle from creation and initial storage to the time when it becomes obsolete and is deleted all while maintaining operational effectiveness and reducing risk. The Data Custodian Analyst IV will advise on technologies used in data management, enable user community to access and report on the data, advise on appropriate use cases, and security.
- Leading and facilitating business analysis and requirements as it relates to data - data retention, what needs to be retained, for how long, and how long it should be stored
- Leading IT test procedures, preparing test plans, cases, and scripts, and facilitating user acceptance testing to confirm it meets Bright Health's life cycle management policy and procedures
- Analyze existing systems and data to identify and escalate risks associated with archiving
- Coordinate legacy application requirements for data archive across the organization
- Document and diagram existing and future processes once data has been archived
- Translate functional business requirements into technical requirements working with a system architect and software engineers
- Collaborate with multiple players including vendors, subject matter experts, interface developers, and end users to design, configure, and test interfaces
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of enhancements and projects within current system and business processes
- Maintain SOX, HIPPA, and ITIL compliance
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, accounting, finance, or related business field required
- Eight (8) years of experience with business analysis and requirements management.
- 8 years of experience with involvement related to solutions for archiving data, data mining or data life cycle management
- Demonstrated experience composing written technical and business documents
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing multiple priorities and project tasks and effectively functioning in a fast-paced moving, deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of project lifecycle methodologies, the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), IT technologies, architecture, hardware, software, and IT processes
- Direct experience utilizing an industry standard archiving application is required
- Requires a solid understanding of varied application data structures, data mapping, job scheduling, data management process and IT management and control processes
- Working technical knowledge of InfoSphere Optim and Azure or similar
- Strong communication, time management and organization skills
- Strong bias toward action, and always operate with a high degree of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Strong financial/business modeling and analysis skills
- Exceptionally strong personal initiative, good business instincts, and comfort with ambiguity
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.