Business Analyst - Advanced at Q2
We’re looking for an Sr. IT Business Analyst!
Q2 is a fun, fast growing company that is always looking for innovative opportunities to scale. As such, we’re looking to hire somebody that can serve as a IT business partner and trusted advisor for our Sales team!
Here's who we’re looking for:
You’re the type of person that listens first and talks second in order to fully understand your business partners’ pain points and needs. You are meticulous in documenting requirements, use cases, and test results. Few others rival your attention to detail. You understand the importance of developing relationships across all levels of the organization. You love working with people, technology, and processes. You thrive off collecting disparate, ambiguous information in order to produce easy to understand “stories” for your business partners to follow. You have a great sense of humor and love collaborating with teammates. You will be a true liaison between Sales & IT.
If you were working for Q2 today, here are some things you would have done recently:
- Attended a sales leadership staff meeting to obtain updates on their operations, document any pain points that were discussed, and provide updates to on-going IT activities related to Sales operations
- Collaborated with the Director of Sales Operations to incorporate functional and non-functional requirements into a vendor scoring rubric needed to find optimal technology to improve the way Q2 collects revenue data
- Updated the business capabilities map to reflect the newly installed platform
- Created a Traceability Matrix to ensure requirements are addressed in design and testing phases of a Salesforce enhancement project and coordinated User Acceptance Testing with the team’s Project Manager
- Assisted Sales leadership on the building of a business case & cost benefit analysis for investment on modernizing sales operations processes
- Documented a key sales “as-is” process using Lucidchart, highlighting pain points & bottlenecks in order to produce a “to-be” suggestion
- Updated the IT Enterprise Application Inventory to reflect our business partners’ sentiment on an established sales operation platform to help assess whether or not future investment is needed
- Met with Sales & IT resources from a recent acquisition in order to document their processes and technologies with the goal integrating the acquired company into Q2
- Assisted our LMS Admin with evangelizing a new features from our LMS platform to our Sales organization
- Provided IT leadership with an overall “health” scorecard representing KPIs associated with key Sales technologies & processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in business analysis
- Business Analyst certification preferred (PMI-PBA or CBAP)
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on producing high quality presentations & artifacts using tools like MS Office and Lucidchart
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Passion for influencing and creating positive change
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.