Business Analyst - Business Operations and Process Strategy at Expedia Group
VRBO is seeking a Business Analyst to join our Global Customer Experience Operations team. You will apply your operational and analytical knowledge to champion improvement strategies for the Customer Support organization. You will support our mission of creating exceptional experiences for our travelers and property owners, ensure the trustworthiness of our marketplace and passionately advocate for customer needs with product, IT and other global partners. We seek individuals that exhibit superb attention to detail and demonstrate a drive for efficiency, quality and global standardization. You will partner with our global team to take on ambiguous problems and utilize the scientific method to hypothesize, design, analyze, test and monitor processes that will drive VRBO's ability to implement operational improvements and present complex data effectively.What You'll Do:
- Analyze and break down complex problems facing our customers using data from internal and external sources
- Continually look for new ways to evaluate data and follow trends to uncover actionable opportunities to increase efficiencies and improve the customer experience
- Develop data analyses and visualizations to unlock business insights and monitor progress
- Be a proponent of our test and learn culture by enabling and supporting experimentation
- Partner with internal teams to triage issues using lean six sigma frameworks
- Gather and document business requirements from Customer Experience teams and socialize with our product and technology teams
- Analyze customer contact data across channels to extract contact patterns, correlations and opportunities
- Monitor key performance indicators to identify areas of concern, propose analyses and/or corrective actions
- Ensure data accuracy and provide interpretation of data for business management at regular intervals to guide strategic business decisions
- You are an inquiring mind with the ability to recognize inefficiencies and challenge the status quo
- You enjoy structuring and work on data exploratory problems, using innovative approaches, creative solutions and data visualization skills
- You have a real passion for statistics, probabilities, and logical problem solving on business process challenges
- You demonstrate creativity when collecting and translating business requirements into technical requirements
- You have intermediate to expert knowledge of MS SQL and can manipulate MS Excel data utilizing tools such as VBA, functions and pivot tables
- You know how to use Tableau or similar visualization platform to develop dashboards and reports
- You display a high degree of initiative, passion, and desire to create an effortless experience for our customers through operational improvements for VRBO's Customer Support organization
- You have outstanding organizational skills and are comfortable juggling and prioritizing numerous tasks at a time
- Advanced degree in Math, Statistics, Operations, Industrial Engineering, or related fields preferred (applicable experience may be substituted)
- 3+ years of operation data analysis experience, or 3+ years in strategic/management consulting preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, HQL, and Tableau
- Experience working with Salesforce.com CRM and other Agent desktop tools is a plus
- Strong desire to identify and address the root causes for an issue using data driven approach
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on VRBO.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.