Business Analyst (Customer Operations)
About Main Street Hub:
Main Street Hub is the marketing platform for local businesses. Utilizing our proprietary technology, we integrate social media, customer reviews, and email marketing to help local businesses get more customers and keep them coming back, while saving them valuable time.
Backed by leading investors, Main Street Hub was founded in 2010 and has more than 600 team members in Austin, Texas. We serve 10,000 local business customers across the country and have published more than 10 million messages on social media and review sites on their behalf.
Main Street Hub has been named one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine, one of the Best Places to Work in Austin by the Austin Business Journal, and a Top Workplace by the Austin American-Statesman.
For more information about Main Street Hub visit our site: http://www.mainstreethub.com and stay in touch Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. For tips, tricks, and insights on the latest trends in social media marketing for small businesses, visit our blog.
What is the opportunity?
The Business Intelligence team is looking for an experienced analyst to focus on customer operations and retention. As a business analyst, your goal will be to use data analysis to yield new insights about our customer base and make recommendations for increasing revenue and operational efficiency.
Here’s a sampling of what you’ll tackle in this role:
- Own reporting for our Customer Operations team: Identify key performance indicators and design reporting for stakeholders across all levels (individual contributors to the COO) and functions (customer success, onboarding, content, operational excellence). Build both xls and Tableau reports that deliver actionable insights to the team.
- Dive deep into customer data: You will be tasked with developing a deep understanding of key retention drivers like customer demographics, pricing and product selection
- Build models to forecast retention and operations: You will build a variety of models to answer operational and financial questions. For example, these models will help us to assess retention impact of operational initiatives, project hiring needs, evaluate new opportunities, and create long range operational and financial forecasts.
- Dive deep into our Customer Operations organization: As the key data partner for our Customer Operations organization, you will need to develop an intimate knowledge of the inner workings of our business processes and the customer life cycle
- Interface with Product Team: Use your customer retention expertise to help inform the roadmap for our Product teams by being a thought partner for new product and process roll-outs
What will it take to succeed?
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst or in a similar data-focused capacity
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving acumen
- Highly motivated and able to take ownership of analysis projects from start to finish
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to translate the results of complex analysis into a simple and actionable explanation
- An exemplary work ethic, a “get it done” attitude, and high personal accountability
- Enthusiasm for local businesses and a fit with Main Street Hub values
- Excellent Excel and SQL skills are a must
- Experience with business intelligence software, particularly Tableau, is a plus
- Bonus points for:
- Exposure to CRM and marketing automation systems (Salesforce.com preferred).
- Familiarity with the Local/SMB space
Why is it exciting?
- You will play an integral role in shaping growth strategy across the entire company
- This role will report directly to the Vice President of Finance, with close relationships with the Customer Operations and Product teams. You’ll get a well-rounded view into the inner-workings of the organization, and build relationships with key individuals across the company
What are the benefits and perks?
- Mission-driven, values-based culture.
- 15 days paid time off, plus company holidays.
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision option
- Fun, casual, urban office environment.