Business Analyst - North America Retail
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
The Business Analyst role is a highly meaningful role in implementing the business objectives of HomeAway in the North America region. You will be responsible for developing, analyzing and drawing insights from the core operating metrics for HomeAway’s business in the region. This will include providing detailed planning and organization across all the relevant contributing areas and supporting the implementation of our business initiatives end to end, from kick-off to completion and until tangible business impact is delivered.
You will actively work with cross-functional team members (Marketing, Product, Product Marketing,Partner Success, etc) to monitor, analyze and augment the business strategy,collaborate on action plans, coordinate execution, and track overall progress.Your work will have influence over almost every major function of the business and develop a very deep understanding of the main functions and of the performance drivers of our marketplace. You will have regular and frequentinteraction with senior leadership across the organization, and will need to maintain strong alignment and partnerships with key departments and businesses to ensure that the overall North America business is well planned, understood,communicated and effectively executed.
- Drive reporting,analysis, strategy and program management of performance for key origins and destinations.
- Provide regular reporting to the company on the business results and key drivers of metrics for the North America business.
- Monitor progress towards achieving the operating metrics that result in hitting our business objectives. Collaborate with functional teams to ensure the implementation of initiatives essential to achieving our business goals.
- Provide business analysis for key initiatives designed to achieve short-term financial goals and long-term business strategies. Develop detailed financial, planning and performance evaluation models for ongoing business and strategic options.
- Develop data-driven insights that achieve higher levels of traffic,booking conversion, new listing adoption, listing renewal, supplier adoption of key listing improvements and monetization.
- Perform systematic industry research and analysis to highlight category trends and key competitive issues and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 5-7+ years of experience required