Business Analyst - North America Retail
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the worldleader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAwayoffers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelerswith memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, forless than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makesit easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise theirproperties and manage bookings online.
TheBusiness Analyst role is a highly meaningful role in implementing the businessobjectives of HomeAway in the North America region. You will be responsible fordeveloping, analyzing and drawing insights from the core operating metrics forHomeAway’s business in the region. This will include providing detailedplanning and organization across all the relevant contributing areas andsupporting the implementation of our business initiatives end to end, fromkick-off to completion and until tangible business impact is delivered.
You will actively workwith cross-functional team members (Marketing, Product, Product Marketing,Partner Success, etc) to monitor, analyze and augment the business strategy,collaborate on action plans, coordinate execution, and track overallprogress.Your work will have influence over almost every major function of thebusiness and develop a very deep understanding of the main functions and of theperformance drivers of our marketplace. You will have regular and frequentinteraction with senior leadership across the organization, and will need tomaintain strong alignment and partnerships with key departments and businessesto ensure that the overall North America business is well planned, understood,communicated and effectively executed.
- Drive reporting,analysis, strategy and program management of performance for key origins anddestinations.
- Provide regular reporting to the company on the business results andkey drivers of metrics for the North America business.
- Monitor progress towards achieving the operating metrics that resultin hitting our business objectives. Collaborate with functional teams to ensurethe implementation of initiatives essential to achieving our business goals.
- Provide business analysis for key initiatives designed to achieveshort-term financial goals and long-term business strategies. Develop detailedfinancial, planning and performance evaluation models for ongoing business andstrategic options.
- Develop data-driven insights that achieve higher levels of traffic,booking conversion, new listing adoption, listing renewal, supplier adoption ofkey listing improvements and monetization.
- Perform systematic industry research and analysis to highlightcategory trends and key competitive issues and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degreerequired; MBA preferred
- 5-7+ years of experience requiredExposure to strategy and/or E-commerce, preferably inProduct, Marketing, Product Marketing or Business Intelligence
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated track record of creative and structured approach toproblem solving
- Confirmed excellence in program and project management.
Key Behaviorsfor Success in the Role:
- Ability to work both atthe “30,000-feet” level for the overall business, as well as the “ground” levelto gather insights or drive execution
- Passion and tenacity for solving problems through creativity andresourcefulness
- Desire and ability to learn quickly
- Strong internal partner management skills
- Logic and common sense in performing quantitative analyses and sharpsensitivity to implications and impact
- Direct and clear approach to communication
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by creating structure andprioritizing effectively
- Ability to inspire and motivate resources outside your own internalteam
- Competitivehealth and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxablebenefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadershipteam.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and valuediversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, maritalstatus, veteran status, or disability status.