Who You Are:
- You have at minimum 1 year of relevant experience in a data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable analytics role
- You have a bachelor’s in math, statistics, computer science, engineering or equivalent field. Master’s preferred.
- You have experience in data mining structured and unstructured data (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, RDS, RedShift, Oracle, etc.) in a business environment with large-scale, complex data sets.
- You have the ability to dive deep on data analysis or technical issues to identify effective solutions.
- You have knowledge of SQL to write complete, optimized queries across large volumes of data
- You have demonstrated ability to frame complex analytical problems, pull data and extract insights that led to tangible results (revenue, seller launches, new product features, etc.).
- You are comfortable speaking, writing, and presenting, as well as the ability to evangelize your findings. Summarize key insights for technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have experience communicating with business partners as well as with colleagues from computer science, analytics, and business backgrounds.
- Real passion for solving complex technical problems at scale
- High standards in everything you do and a high attention to detail
What You'll Do:
- You will develop interactive dashboards and reports using relational databases, Tableau and Excel to educate decision-makers at all levels of the business
- You will distill actionable insights from over 1PB of data to uncover new revenue opportunities and drive the product roadmap forward
- You will develop and share new data products for expedited downstream analysis and application
- You will solve complex business problems through creating statistical models from data and metadata
- You will participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions, collaborate with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
- You will use data to equip client-facing teams with insights for client conversations
- You will help us find opportunities in both established and new product lines within RetailMeNot
Who We Are:
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love