Business Analyst at Amazon
The Recruiting Engine Team is reinventing how we recruit at Amazon. Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, programs, and process teams to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently.
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to work with our leadership team, engineering and product teams, and recruiting teams to identify key insights through analysis and drive those insights into action with the right teams. The ideal candidate will have a natural curiosity about solving problems, identifying the right metrics to inspect the business, and to help leaders make great data driven decisions. The successful candidate will work with a highly collaborative team, and have direct influence over analytical roadmaps, establishment of key performance metrics, dashboards and report development. They’ll be responsible for working with senior leadership within HR, Recruiting, and business leadership to provide data and insights.
· Partner with teams to consult, define, develop, build and implement the right set of performance metrics, reports, and dashboards to effectively manage the business.
· Contribute to strategic planning processes and recommend process improvement initiatives, influencing the direction of the organization.
· Support data needs related to business cadence such as weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews.
· Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
· Conduct ad hoc analysis projects – at times across multiple systems answering complex business questions and providing actionable insights to the leadership team to inform decisions and strategy.
· Partner and collaborate with peer Business Analysts and power users on best practices, prioritization of feature additions and input to the ongoing product roadmap.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
· 3+ years of professional experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analyst role
· Experience writing and optimizing SQL to handle extremely large datasets
· Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
· Direct experience with one or more major data visualization tools including Tableau/QuickSight/Power BI
· Experience building business forecasting models
· Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)
· Experience using AWS analytical services (e.g., Redshift, Data Pipeline, EMR, Machine Learning, Kinesis)
· Experience in scripting languages for parsing and data analysis
· Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, ability to influence others and exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
· Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
· Computer programming experience in Python, Ruby, or Java
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
· Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams. Ability to work collaboratively with non-technical customers and team members and translate business questions into analytical requirements with ease.