REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup with offices in Austin, Los Angeles, and the Bay Area. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers! REX saves homesellers thousands of dollars in fees by going around the MLS to target home-buyers directly with sophisticated marketing that has never been used in real estate. Since its launch in Southern California, REX has expanded to 17 states and over 250 employees. Throughout the years, REX has represented homes cumulatively valued at over $1 billion and in the process, saved customers over $20 million in fees they otherwise would have paid traditional brokers.
About the Position
REX’s analytics team is responsible for helping the business convert raw data into insights that drive business decisions. REX’s Business Analysts are on the front lines of that effort, working with business stakeholders to identify internal and external data to inform risks and rewards of different actions. Business analysts must be highly skilled in investigating and mapping business processes, understanding how data is collected from those processes, investigating external forces that impact business performance, and creating dynamic visualizations and presentations. Because REX’s analysts work with clients across REX’s leadership, operations, sales, finance, and marketing teams, they must be eager to learn about a wide variety of application areas and must be comfortable framing results in a way that resonates with a variety of decision-makers.
Reporting Analyst Responsibilities:
We are searching for a Business Analyst to create compelling and informative analyses and visualizations that directly impact REX’s performance. To this end, the Reporting Analyst will interact with REX’s databases to retrieve appropriate data, compile and organize this information, and create meaningful data stories and insights.
- Identify information stored in ad hoc ways and work with a data engineer to incorporate it into the database environment
- Analyzing data, with due consideration for the influence of missing information, outliers, unequal/small sample sizes, confounding, and extraneous variables.
- Developing presentations, visualizations, and dynamic reports that inform business decisions to be made by stakeholders
Experience & Qualifications
- Proficiency with Tableau or Experience building dynamic visualizations in another medium (e.g., R Shiny, Mode, etc.)
- Degree in Management Information Systems, Finance, Econometrics, Statistics, or similar.
- Proficiency retrieving data from databases using SQL
- Strong statistical reasoning skills
- Strong troubleshooting and report writing abilities.
- Attentive and considerate team player.
Nice to Haves
- Proficiency with Mac Terminal interface/Unix-style systems
- Proficiency with version control software, especially git
- Experience with mapping business processes
- Experience programming in Python on R
- Experience with Salesforce reporting functions
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We started by funding the construction of a home for a family in Cambodia at the end of 2015. In addition to funding homes, the REX team regularly provides hands-on support to local nonprofits that provide shelter to families.