Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong, and we believe there is a better way. We can build the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi trillion dollar opportunity. Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chain by combining digitized freight, real-time tracking, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform. We are working with the top companies in the supply chain to connect with our RestfulAPIs. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
A Shipwell Business Analyst proactively designs analytics visualizations in conjunction with our state-of-the-art platform. This involves regularly interacting with our customers to discover their business blind spots, translating those needs into quantitative assessments, and empowering customers to gain strategic insights in an ongoing manner. The mission is to support operational decisions made at each stage of the supply chain with data-driven insights.What you’ll do when you get here:
- Identify business needs and contextualize analysis results to drive impact for Shipwell and for our customers
- Leverage advanced analytics and statistics on client proprietary and public domain datasets to enable scheduling and network optimization, macroeconomic forecasting, pricing insights, routing guidance, and resource matching
- Source, clean, and process a diverse set of data streams
- Provide consulting services on both internal and external analytics questions
- Dynamically collaborate with operations and product teams to discover product improvement opportunities, develop data-driven solutions, and distill algorithm performance into trackable business impact
- BS/MS in data science, machine learning, statistics, mathematics, physical or computer science, engineering, finance, or other technical discipline
- 1-7+ years of applied work experience, preferably in a non-academic setting
- Experience with data manipulation in SQL
- Proficiency using a visualization platform (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative findings in a clear, precise, and actionable manner--both verbally and written--as well as an ability to translate high-level business ideas into well-defined problems
- Approachable, comfortable manner of interaction with customers
What is Preferred:
- Familiarity with logistics or the supply chain industry
- Familiarity with a mathematical programming language, such as Python
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, STD, LTD, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.