If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
Do you find yourself staring at a complex world and identifying problems to engineer away? Are you passionate about creating great user experiences within a product? Can you take vague user problems and turn them into real plans?
Levelset is hiring a Business Analyst who will be instrumental in detailing the design, development, and product features of our core product.
The Business Analyst at Levelset works with product managers and software engineers to write user stories, refine requirements with technical leads, meet with business stakeholders, and analyze data to make informed product development decisions.
You will work with the project management teams to determine the detail and scope of features, recommend solutions and functionality, and work with quality assurance teams to write and perform acceptance testing.
If you have the right stuff to join us, you'll work among passionate professionals who are disrupting a $1 Trillion industry, in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, and professionally challenging environment. The role demands great technical depth, well-honed product judgment, a strong will to fight for your product vision, sincere and impressive empathy for users who may be nothing like you, and a stubborn ability to look at how everyone else is approaching a problem and not conforming.
This role can be based in either New Orleans, LA or Austin, TX
- Work with a cross-functional team to define features, write user specifications and user stories, assist in creating wireframes, prototypes, test plans, release checklists.
- Develop a deep understanding of Levelset’s core product and the problems it solves to drive product strategy and decisions.
- Work with your team to estimate, implement, and build features while ensuring that you’re working on the highest priority tasks
- Collaborate with sales, customer success, support, marketing, and other cross-functional teams to deeply understand our core customers’ motivations and pain points, and build the best possible product solutions for our core customers.
- Represent your team in communication with product, engineering, and marketing leadership.
- Ensure we ship well-crafted product at a fast pace.
- Product management or Business analyst experience on a SaaS product (B2B preferred)
- Bachelor's degree (Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline preferred.)
- Proven history of working on, shipping and helping manage products with cross-functional teams.
- Experience providing customer behavior insights in a data-driven environment.
- Experience using software to extract, analyze, organize and communicate data to support and drive decision making.
- Previous experience shipping features and iterating on successful products.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Strong user experience design sensibilities and a passion for making the lives of our users easier.
- Technical abilities (HTML/CSS/PHP/SQL/APIs) are a plus.
- Ability to work independently, communicating across multiple time zones
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with business stakeholders and influence outcomes
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and similar software
- Organized and detail oriented, being able to produce highly accurate reports and requirements
- Excellent system analysis and process modeling skills
- Excellent cost-benefit analysis skills
- High analytical and problem solving skills
- Capable of understanding business structure and value propositions
- Working understanding of Relational and Graph databases
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is about 200 employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
Levelset is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.