Business Analyst at Ascension
Navion Healthcare Solutions, a division of Ascension Health, is a leading provider of healthcare data management solutions supporting improving patient outcomes. Navion’s software and healthcare analytics tools enable hospital clients to monitor and improve clinical outcomes through capturing and reporting critical clinical data and key performance indicators. Navion offers a range of healthcare quality services from web-based clinical registry software and reporting tools to data capture services for hospitals throughout the country. Learn more at www.navionhcs.com.
What You Will Do
The Business Analyst will work closely with the business and clinical clients and Navion application teams to manage application enhancements and on-boarding new clients. The Business Analyst will have project management, feature design, quality assurance/testing, support and training responsibilities.
The role will be a combination of business analysis, functional design, application support, client training, and implementation management. The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing national clinical registry data specifications, defining and documenting design functionality, and configuring features within Navion’s software products. The incumbent will need to learn and understand the technical complexities of the Ncompass system, the clinical aspects of the registries, apply their knowledge to the client situation, and directly engage Navion’s software engineers to bridge the functional to technical design as well as test the final end-user solution. Innovative thinking and a keen understanding of customer needs will be applied with the goal of enhancing Navion’s products and our users’ experience.
- Work with clinical end users to define and document functionality enhancements that improve business process workflow, enhance customer communication, and generate meaningful healthcare quality metrics.
- Customize and configure system software to meet business requirements. This may include limited SQL code development and executing SQL queries to evaluate and troubleshoot issues.
- Utilize feature, incident, and service request tracking. Thoroughly document user functional design requirements, evaluate scope, and recommend solutions.
- Develop test plans, create test cases, execute testing, and ensure alignment with business requirements and objectives.
- Coordinate application implementation for new clients and version releases for existing clients. Manage small to large projects including defining schedules, assigning tasks, monitoring progress, and reporting status.
- Write user documentation, release notes, training materials, and document solutions in a knowledge base.
- Provide training and user support to business clients.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- 2+ years’ experience as Business Analyst or Systems Analyst.
- A nursing degree and/or healthcare industry experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with web-based application development technologies such as .NET, XML, and SQL.
- Limited SQL development experience preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Strong team orientation with excellent interpersonal skills working with internal team members as well as client hospital staff.
- Excellent organizational, project management abilities, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Respond to user problems by listening, clarifying, and responding effectively.
- Troubleshoot most application problems independently.
- Possess and apply working knowledge of at least one technology environment to address and resolve problems.
- Analyze a chain of events and apply technical knowledge following established procedures and/or detailed specifications.
- Write fundamental documentation in a clear, concise manner and according to standards.
- Share knowledge effectively within the work team.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.