Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Business Analyst (Amherst Homes) will be the key liaison between the technical product and Amherst Homes Team at Amherst. This role will partner with a growing business line to develop, implement and optimize software to support land development, procurement and residential construction operations. This position will work closely with the internal development team, third party integrators and business stakeholders to define and implement best practice workflows in the ERP and Construction Management platforms.
The successful candidate will assist in providing technical solutions to business needs and will be involved in all phases of the SDLC from identifying the business problem, gathering and documenting the business requirements through the development, testing and implementation of the technical solution. The Business Analyst must be comfortable working on tight timelines with a cross functional team with minimal supervision, working alongside and reporting to the product manager for Amherst Homes in Technology.
- Gathering and documenting business requirements, writing formal project documentation, planning, and performing user acceptance testing, and assisting with implementations.
- Works closely with Product and developers to understand how our systems work, to identify innovative solutions and to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Building detailed ‘as is’ and ‘target’ process maps with the business that model how they work and identify optimization opportunities
- Provide pre and post-production system support to end users following implementations as well as ongoing tier 2 support.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Head of Product.
What you’ll need to have:
- Experience with financial systems and implementing new processes
- 3-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst with a bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Highly structured approach to documenting requirements, interviewing stakeholders, process modelling and analytical research a must.
- Ability to collaborate and quickly build relationships with cross functional teams
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be tech-savvy with the proven ability to understand and explain software.
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team.
- Must be comfortable working on tight timelines in a start-up like environment.
Additional Skills and Experience: (Preferred, but Not Required):
- JD Edwards or comparable ERP System
- Lean Six Sigma certified
- Finance / accounting / business administration experience
- Knowledge of accounting and finance processes (close / financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable)
- Working knowledge of PMO tools such as Jira, Confluence, Asana, Sharepoint and roadmap visualization tools such as Roadmunk
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.